What's new

Exclusive club?

Rakattack

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SJ, CA
Nothing special like gold in rolls of pennies or anything like that, but I did get a normal dime in a clear shrink wrap roll of pennies. I think they are from Brinks. Anyway, it was just a clad dime that was gummed up about 1/10-1/8 in on the obverse. I used a zinc to scratch off the gum and inside there was some yellow stuff that was covered by white and then with black. It came off pretty easily though :laughing9: I didn't even realize it was there until it came out. Anyone else ever find a dime in a BANK wrapped roll?
 
Upvote 0
Yep, happens from time to time. +9 cents for you!
 
Wow that was a fast response AG :laughing9: darn, I thought I had just been self-inducted to an exclusive club :laughing7:
 
I have 7 dimes that I found in penny rolls. They're not uncommon, but they're not common either.
 
I oftentimes find a few dimes in $50 bags of pennies I purchase from a bank off their coin counter. I have never found a dime in a machine wrapped penny roll though. Those dark dimes which look like they went through a fire sometimes get found by those that have access to customer wrapped rolls.

Jeff
 
My best bank rolled penny box for dimes was 13 dimes. Many have zero, but when the machine gets off, it stays off until they recalibrate it, and so I got 13 dimes in one box once.

Lots of times i"ll get 2 or 3 dimes in a box.

It makes up for the nickels I get in quarter rolls (Mostly customer rolls on those though)
 
I don't usually do dimes, but weely I get quarters, nickels and dollars mixed in half rolls. Sometimes they are extras, sometimes I'm shorted.

Joad
 
I got a dime in a handroll of pennies this weekend... It was dark, like a penny so easily mistaken for one...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom