Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The lady I approached last week to beep her yard turned out to be a bust. Turns out, the yard is low lying in the neighborhood. Years of rainy seasons result in what is called "sheetflow", where silt from the area is deposited on the land as the water reaches the drainage canal. The deepest targets on my 350 were coins! 38 cents in modern clad, the quarter was a VA state, bottom of a 10 inch hole, that was filling w/ water as the ground is saturated, peak of our rainy season. Almost no trash, if there is, its way to deep. Oh well, its not like I really was into it at 95 degrees, 1 to 3 pm...that was optimum nap time.

Good thing I had my electrolyte sport drinks w/ me:laughing7:

Upvote 3

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never know if you don't look,just one of those places that weren't meant to be I guess.I look at it like,that's one spot out the way until the next one.gl

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so not gonna sweat it. I am blessed to have found some goodies along the way, there are lots of places to hit, and lucky to get out when I can. Just need to get an earlier start, and cant wait till a cool front comes in Oct, bring the temps back down to the 80's.

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got permission to hunt an 1800's farm. I couldn't stick my Lesche in the ground. Solid rock. Can't believe grass could grow on solid rock. Can't win them all!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
age does not equal nor guarantee good finds. In fact, the older the property - the more difficult finding anything of value - esp. if it was a farm.
I remember hunting a very old colonial property after they dozed the house and removed. hunted all day and nothing but junk. As I was getting
ready to leave, I got one last good signal. There on top of the ground was 1865 Indian head penny. I just laughed and left.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be days like that, your good at detecting and the awesome finds await!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You just never know. I'm sort of coming to believe that the older the site the more chance it's been hunted before leaving less treasures to be found. In an earlier post I had mentioned how I dream of finding an untouched home from 1800 with a couple of acres filled with old coins and relics.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You found a few coins and got out and did some dirt fishing. HH.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
age does not equal nor guarantee good finds. In fact, the older the property - the more difficult finding anything of value - esp. if it was a farm.
I remember hunting a very old colonial property after they dozed the house and removed. hunted all day and nothing but junk. As I was getting
ready to leave, I got one last good signal. There on top of the ground was 1865 Indian head penny. I just laughed and left.
You worked very hard for that 1865 indian, so I would put that one on top of all the others! I would jump up and down if I found one that old!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions