Expat in Quezon Province

frankyzee

Aug 23, 2011
Lucena city, Quezon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Expat in the Philippines and new guy here. I panned some fine dirt here in the Philippines. What I found was flour/micro fine dust, non magnetic, yellow in color, with some sparkles, and the heaviest thing in the pan. When I ran it through a coffee filter and dried it overnight it now appears silver in color. What in the heck could this be?

2. This concentrate I panned was from about three lbs of dirt buildup sitting on the inside corner of the street drainage gutter. We dug out the grass that had grown over the gutter and everything under it. I classified it and ended up with BS and microfine, super fine "whatever" which was yellow gold color and also floating. I looked at it today after it had dried in the coffee filter, with a strong lens and saw micro small roundish copper balls plus what looked like small flattened and rounded gold looking particles and other particles that didn't look like gold.

I am so new at this that besides an acid test, I really don't know what to do next to truly identify this. Any suggestions? I can always Skype or Facetime if we need to talk. Peace out, Pete

Addition- March 28- I have found relics in the Lucban/Nagsinamo area. A WWII small tank for gas, a stone grinder and a 1939 centavo from the bukal area (fresh water spring) on our farm. I was just crevice hunting and I found it. I imagine a lot of items dropped out of pockets in to the bukal, hence relic hunting!

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
1. Expat in the Philippines and new guy here. I panned some fine dirt here in the Philippines. What I found was flour/micro fine dust, non magnetic, yellow in color, with some sparkles, and the heaviest thing in the pan. When I ran it through a coffee filter and dried it overnight it now appears silver in color. What in the heck could this be?

2. This concentrate I panned was from about three lbs of dirt buildup sitting on the inside corner of the street drainage gutter. We dug out the grass that had grown over the gutter and everything under it. I classified it and ended up with BS and microfine, super fine "whatever" which was yellow gold color and also floating. I looked at it today after it had dried in the coffee filter, with a strong lens and saw micro small roundish copper balls plus what looked like small flattened and rounded gold looking particles and other particles that didn't look like gold.

I am so new at this that besides an acid test, I really don't know what to do next to truly identify this. Any suggestions? I can always Skype or Facetime if we need to talk. Peace out, Pete

Addition- March 28- I have found relics in the Lucban/Nagsinamo area. A WWII small tank for gas, a stone grinder and a 1939 centavo from the bukal area (fresh water spring) on our farm. I was just crevice hunting and I found it. I imagine a lot of items dropped out of pockets in to the bukal, hence relic hunting!

You're one lucky guy! So far away from Syria or the Sudan. Before getting holed up permanently in your sandbox smell the flowers first! Remember you're in for a lifetime of uninterrupted vacation in a tropical paradise.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know where you are, but the heavy "silver" thing could be lead.
A quick and easy test or two, for gold, is to take a pin and try to puncture the piece. If it shatters, it's not gold.
Also, you can use a heavy magnet. Gold will not stick to a magnet.
Happy Hunting, and welcome to Tnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread