Swampbuckster
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2012
- Messages
- 24
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- LOWER MICHIGAN
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
This is a rookie question here but everyone that gives me any advice always says " go deeper, get down to the bedrock, work the cracks and crevices." Ok....wait. Everywhere I have been prospecting, I find most of my gold in the first 4 to 6 inches of river bottom. If I dig much deeper than that, I get CLAY or a type of organic composite. Some creeks I get a liner of a few larger rocks, but nowhere near boulders or what I consider "bedrock" I am always imagining a solid layer of rock below the river bed with cracks and separations in it. So what exactly is bed rock?
Upvote
0
? I showed them what I had for a few hours worth of just bucket work and I'm pretty sure when the waters down he'll be back to work the bar. ( I gotta think about getting or building a dredge) Back to your post, When you say there's "No" bedrock just remember the term bedrock for you might just be that clay layer. The way you have to look at it, anything that stops the gold from going any deeper is as good as solid rock. Now you just got to find the best consentration in that layer. Your finding gold but don't sell yourself short, go find the better gold which I'm guessing is there. Bucketfreak68 turned me onto a some video's on youtube. Go there and search "Prospector Jess" and/or hunting4gold. This guys has a some 23 videos in which I learned alot fast about where to look for the best consentration of even our flour gold. When I used these ideas my pan got more colorfull and fast. This may get you to a youtube link but I'm no techno puter guy if you know what I mean. 







