bigscoop
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2010
- Messages
- 14,653
- Reaction score
- 9,097
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Wherever there be treasure!
- Detector(s) used
- Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Was talking with a few people about hobbies this morning and one of them asked me why I enjoyed metal detecting/treasure hunting so much? I thought about it for a moment and then I replied, "because it's an adventure that never ends." For me I guess this is the case because whether I'm doing research or actually out in the field it's always an adventure, there is always something to learn, someplace to explore, and things to be discovered. And though most of those on the outside don't recognize it, it can also be a great avenue towards staying in good physical shape. Just sharing a thought about this fantastic hobby. 



When I'm asked I just show something I picked up. Like this little item. I pulled it out of the ground about 20 years ago. See something like this appear and you are hooked. When you find gold it becomes addictive and you can not stop unless something stops you.







