What's new

Exploration hunt gives up a really nice Two Cent Piece.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
This morning I decided to scout out some new area. The cellar holes are near impossible to hunt right now so I headed into the, stone wall, criss crossed country side above the holes. The place has potential but all I could do today was an 1865 Two Cent Piece. It cleaned up rather nice ;D


VPR

 

Attachments

  • IMG_0859_1_1.webp
    IMG_0859_1_1.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_0861_1_1.webp
    IMG_0861_1_1.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_0868_1_1.webp
    IMG_0868_1_1.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_0869_1_1.webp
    IMG_0869_1_1.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_0871_1_1.webp
    IMG_0871_1_1.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_0873_1_1.webp
    IMG_0873_1_1.webp
    67.1 KB · Views: 856
Upvote 0
Nice find there :icon_thumleft:

I hear ya i have been going out in the woods lately and it is thick :-\

Plus the bugs :-\


Blaze
 
nice two center!!!! just as clean as my 64 i dug last month!!! MR TUFF
 
2 center is still on my "to find" list :icon_thumright:
 
Beautiful copper!!!

How did you clean it?

HH,
Brian
 
Very nice find. What method did you use to clean it up?
 
I used the warm Peroxide method on this coin. I use this on all of my copper. Some times a soft brush, other times a toothpick. This one only needed a Q-tip.



VPR
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom