What's new

Exploration hunt gives up a really nice Two Cent Piece.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
This morning I decided to scout out some new area. The cellar holes are near impossible to hunt right now so I headed into the, stone wall, criss crossed country side above the holes. The place has potential but all I could do today was an 1865 Two Cent Piece. It cleaned up rather nice ;D


VPR

 

Attachments

  • IMG_0859_1_1.webp
    IMG_0859_1_1.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_0861_1_1.webp
    IMG_0861_1_1.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_0868_1_1.webp
    IMG_0868_1_1.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_0869_1_1.webp
    IMG_0869_1_1.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_0871_1_1.webp
    IMG_0871_1_1.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_0873_1_1.webp
    IMG_0873_1_1.webp
    67.1 KB · Views: 856
Upvote 0
beautiful!....congrats on a real nice one! :thumbsup: the soil was good to that one!
 
Way kewl! I am looking to put one of those on my to find lists!
 
Those are always nice to see. :icon_thumleft:
 
love those coins - great find.
 
Boy, that coin is really nice. I guess the new spot does have potential!
 
Thats a Pretty coin... ! :o
 
Thanks for the replies !

This is my fourth Two Cent Piece. I have an 1864 that is almost as good condition, but this 1865 knocks it off the top of the "BEST" condition list. I am looking forward to see what future copper coin finds may come from this site and what kind of condition they may be in.

Who knows..... Maybe there is a 1799 Draped Bust in AU waiting to be found :headbang:



VPR
 
wow, wow, wow, that is a real beauty!
 
Nice find for sure.
Not many coppers come out like that one.
There have been a couple of high grade 2 centers this season though.

Good luck on the '99, it can happen.
 
I agree with Herbie , Best conditioned dug 2 center I can remember on Tnet ! Nice recovery Packrat :headbang: M.R.
 
wow that is a beautiful coin. congrats
 
Sweet coin. They don't come any better than that!
 
Now that is a crisp one, congrats! I'd b itching to get back there!
 
OH WOW, VPR! :o Stunning coin! Way to go! :icon_pirat:

Nana :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom