Explorer SE vid question

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Setting recovery to FAST only changes the audio. It has nothing to do with the VID. It is normally a bit slow, but this can be aggrivated by running the SENS too high, which also manifests itself by taking too long to return to threshold after hitting a target or null.
At least until you have more time on the machine, run the SENS in AUTO @ 26 -30
(FWIW, noted Explorer guru Bryce Brown swears by Auto 26).

I would also recommend that you obtain a copy of "The E-Trac & Explorer Handbook" by Andy Sabisch. There is a ton of useful information in there that will answer most of your questions.

OP
OP
DirtyTrinkitDigger

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Setting recovery to FAST only changes the audio. It has nothing to do with the VID. It is normally a bit slow, but this can be aggrivated by running the SENS too high, which also manifests itself by taking too long to return to threshold after hitting a target or null.
At least until you have more time on the machine, run the SENS in AUTO @ 26 -30
(FWIW, noted Explorer guru Bryce Brown swears by Auto 26).

I would also recommend that you obtain a copy of "The E-Trac & Explorer Handbook" by Andy Sabisch. There is a ton of useful information in there that will answer most of your questions.

Thanks Longhair. I was running it in auto sens with the factory setting at 22 and then I turned it down to auto sens at 16. I guess that I should mention that I was at a trashy park.
Oh. By the way, I am reading Andy Sabisch's book. I probably need to set up a trashy park program om the SE.

Thanks again
HH
DTD

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were in Auto Sens, then we have three things to consider. You may have still been swinging too fast, or the trash density is high enough to warrant a smaller coil, or both.
How open is your screen? Are you running in one or more of the stock patterns? Do you have more than one coil?

OP
OP
DirtyTrinkitDigger

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only the stock coil and trash is thick. I was running in the coins pattern with no changes other than recovery fast. I was swinging at different sweep speeds to see which would work best for the area.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If trash is that heavy, you really need to get a smaller coil. I have an old Explorer 8" stock coil (not the FBS800) for my SE, and it makes a huge difference in trash over something as big as the new stock 11". And really, a 5-6" like the SunRay X-5 would be good for plucking goodies out of garbage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread