Extended beach hunting advise

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next month I plan on trying my luck on the coast of New Hampshire to do a couple of days of beach hunting.I will be using my Fisher F-70.I mostly hunt parks and schoolyards in discriminate mode.I talked to a couple of people who recommend that I switch to all metal mode while at the beach.I have hunted on the beach in discriminate mode before in the dry sand and managed a silver rosie and a small silver ring.I was wondering if anyone had any setup ideas for the wet sand with it,or should I just stay on the dry sand.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve that is the wrong advice for the wet sand as the detector will be very unstable. You can try turning the sens. Down till it gets stable operation and be sure to not disc out pull tabs. :thumbsup:

Turn the sensitivity down to 30. Put it the autotune mode (no disc) and ground balance it. Then turn up the disc to 15-20. I used it this way in the wet sand at VA beach and was digging coins at 6" with little if any falsing.

Yea thanks guys! Till now have been using the little "Sand Shark" on the beach but,
have been wondering about the F75 and if I could employ it's features on the wet sand ?!? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back