What's new

*EXTRA RICH* LONDON

mdj

Full Member
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
173
Reaction score
252
Golden Thread
0
Location
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a button sunday morning. After alot of cleaning I could read the words "*EXTRA RICH* LONDON" on the back. Is this a civil war era button?
 
More than likely. I've found some that say SUPERFINE LONDON COLOUR. These are found near areas of Confederate camps.
 
pics would be nice
 
If it's a flat button most likely pre-civil war.
Mike
 
A few weeks ago I found a flat metal button while excavating around an early 1900s outhouse (maybe even earlier). There is nothing on the front side but the back says, " * EXTRA RICH* " With another word I could not read that I thought said LAND but now I will go back to see if it says LONDON. This is so exiting! Can you send me a picture of your button(front and back) and I will try to do the same this weekend.
Mike says in his reply that it is most likely pre-civil war. That fits with a lot of other artifacts I have found on the site. When my grandparents bought the 50 acre farm with house, barn and outbuildings in 1925, people told her the house was 100 years old. I found a 1831 penny at the "100 year old" house site about 10 years ago.
Thank you,
Carole
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom