Eye ball find from the lumbering era

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I set out yesterday up a large tributary run to take photos of water, snow and ice. I had walked a couple hundred yards and noticed a fresh washed out bank. I always check wash-outs because they are excellant places to find old items. Only after about 10 seconds of looking, I found a pin, of the link and pin train coupler kind. I figured, the heck with taking photos. I have enough water and snow pictures anyways and decided to look for more relics. After another 3/4 mile of searching in the water where a old logging railroad had been, I found a link. This link is bent, they are nornaly flat. I'm assuming two cars came together while connected together and bent the link View attachment single link.bmp View attachment links.bmp

Upvote 1

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Pa plateau hiker, Three days and no comments on what I consider a fantastic find, especially for found finds. There are only a couple members of Tnet who are interested in old logging relics. The rest could care less, and have no interest in logging items. Don't ask me how I know. The early logging boom built towns, put down major railroad lines, millions of $$ were made, but no one wants to see old rusty logging relics. You will get more views and comments posting modern Lincoln pennies.

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find !! Lots of old logging sites and CCC camps up this way. You can follow the old RR grades for miles .. good stuff !

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, the old pin and chains are cool but were known for taking fingers when in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread