Eyeball Find - 14K gold ring crushed in road

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Didn't need my detector today. The sun finally came out after a rainy week so I was walking to the convenience store and spotted something shiny in the road. Dang it, just a piece of metal. Then I started hoping I'd eyeball some coins near the bus stops. When I spotted this glint, I almost passed it thinking it was just another piece of metal but I couldn't help myself and stepped back to check it out. It looked like a gold ring that had been run over. I got kinda excited but then saw where the stones were (about half were missing) and thought it looked cheap.

After I bought some stuff, I stopped to check it out more closely on my way back and spotted the 14K mark on part of the bent band--woohoo! Weighed it when I got home and it's 9.6 grams. I tried to spot the other diamonds on my way back but couldn't remember exactly where I'd found it. I was checking out just about all the glints I saw but no luck, mostly broken glass. oh well, still a great find plus I shouldn't be tempted to keep it since it's so smashed up. It must have been run over a few times.

DSC07871.JPG DSC07872.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Nice recovery! You never know what you will find by being aware of your surroundings.

Good eye!! Congrats!

wow, take that mangled mess to the jeweler and cash in!!, i wonder what ya can get for it

nice eye!!

nothing wrong with free gold. congrats!

I found a big 925 ring in a dirt lot that looked kinda like that but hey they still melt. Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back