"F" Bombed without warning...

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
"F" Bombed without warning...

US Bank has a free business checking account - unless you deposit more than $2,500 in cash, or "loose coin". So the $1,000 bags I have been dumping for free are now costing $10 each. Going to try the "hail mary" and see if I can get them reversed or change the account to something that can support $4,000 a month without costing a fortune.
If not, I may have to go "old school" and drop $200 rolled at each of 5 banks like I used to. :-\

Upvote 0
Re: "F" Bombed without warning...

Fredness said:
US Bank has a free business checking account - unless you deposit more than $2,500 in cash, or "loose coin". So the $1,000 bags I have been dumping for free are now costing $10 each. Going to try the "hail mary" and see if I can get them reversed or change the account to something that can support $4,000 a month without costing a fortune.
If not, I may have to go "old school" and drop $200 rolled at each of 5 banks like I used to. :-\

It might be worth it if they carry the bags in for you, and serve you a beverage and a burger.
HH
Rich

Going old school is sometimes better as the dumps won't make it back to the coin-rolling facility as fast. Banks won't send out until they have at least $500. Some need to wait until $1000 is accumulated as their terms of the their contract specify. Littering an area with small amount is a pain, but it ensures your supply will be fresh. Or you can do like me, and dump $20K in a different service district.

Once you've tasted the bags its hard to go back...

Maine_Jim

That is not to cool about the bag fees, but if you do go back to the old school method what is the cost going to be for all the wrappers plus the extra gas to go to all the different branches, also consider the time factor, not only in driving but all the rolling and writting on the wrappers. I guess maybe to I am thinking of some of my other hobbies, if I am reading you right you are now looking at around $40 a month, please don't think I am some kind of wacko heretic here folks, but I could do that in several hours at the pistol range, and all I would have is some empty brass to show for it, and I know I have never walked out of a train store for under that much. To me being able to go through that much coin, then just dump them in a bag, walk in and hand them over, and say "thanks, here you go, see you next week" and out you go does not sound so awful really, please understand that I am not trying to be judgemental here and take no offense, just my thoughts on this.

Chuck.

Tattooguy67 said:
That is not to cool about the bag fees, but if you do go back to the old school method what is the cost going to be for all the wrappers plus the extra gas to go to all the different branches, also consider the time factor, not only in driving but all the rolling and writting on the wrappers. I guess maybe to I am thinking of some of my other hobbies, if I am reading you right you are now looking at around $40 a month, please don't think I am some kind of wacko heretic here folks, but I could do that in several hours at the pistol range, and all I would have is some empty brass to show for it, and I know I have never walked out of a train store for under that much. To me being able to go through that much coin, then just dump them in a bag, walk in and hand them over, and say "thanks, here you go, see you next week" and out you go does not sound so awful really, please understand that I am not trying to be judgemental here and take no offense, just my thoughts on this.

Chuck.

Chuck,
You are absolutely right. Most hobbies cost way more than $40.00 a month.
HH
Rich

OK, I saw the Manager this Saturday and she said that she doesn't think the other branch should have charged me. It seems there is a $3 charge for "Fed ready bags" (which I use and brought in as a reminder/dump) and a $10 charge for "Mixed bagged coin". I was charged the mixed fee instead of the Fed-ready fee. Now, the fun part - this manager said that if she charged me the fee, she's afraid that I'd drop rolls, which they have to open, count and bag - "...you're doing me a favor!".
Finale: Reversed all bag charges. :headbang:

Fredness said:
OK, I saw the Manager this Saturday and she said that she doesn't think the other branch should have charged me. It seems there is a $3 charge for "Fed ready bags" (which I use and brought in as a reminder/dump) and a $10 charge for "Mixed bagged coin". I was charged the mixed fee instead of the Fed-ready fee. Now, the fun part - this manager said that if she charged me the fee, she's afraid that I'd drop rolls, which they have to open, count and bag - "...you're doing me a favor!".
Finale: Reversed all bag charges. :headbang:

So they do fear us! Good news!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back