What's new

"F" Knob ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"F" Knob ?

It's wood , The "F" part looks like Mother of Pearl . I was thinking it might go to an organ ? Or maybe an old car dashboard ? Any ideas ?
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20006.webp
    Picture%20006.webp
    82.9 KB · Views: 355
  • Picture%20008.webp
    Picture%20008.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 354
  • Picture%20010.webp
    Picture%20010.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 345
Re: "F" Knob ?

Could be a drawknob from an organ, but I am not familiar with what markings to expect on them. Most I have seen online aren't simply letters, but that does not mean anything.
 
Upvote 0
Re: "F" Knob ?

Shifter knob... "F" for FAST!

I dunno... could be an organ knob... I have no better ideas.
 
Upvote 0
Re: "F" Knob ?

organ "knobs" attached to shafts that are pulled out for changing tune and pitch on organs are called "stops" -- my wife is an organist. at church --also music teacher by profession. "F" is a musicial note / tone. -- yes its a rather old organ stop / "knob" -- organs were very costly items thus the nice mother of pearl touch on the knob .
 
Upvote 0
Re: "F" Knob ?

Draw-knob from some type of file cabinet? Handle for a ink stamper of the letter F ?
 
Upvote 0
Re: "F" Knob ?

i agree. handle knob for a rubber ink stamp.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom