What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this a "fake" locket?? Jewelry experts?

perdidogringo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
582
Reaction score
1,757
Golden Thread
0
Location
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I found what I believe to be a locket today. It has a knob on the side but no matter what I do, I can't get it to open. The knob wlll twist off but still no luck. I'm starting to think it might be just a cheap pendant, made to look like a locket, but isn't made to open. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

image5.webp

image4.webp


image3.webp

image2.webp

image1.webp
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking it may be a pull knob to open the locket. Squirt some WD-40 in there and let it soak in for a while before you attempt to pull it. Also, you could try this method to open it. The method is described in the link below;
 
Upvote 0
I said "appears" not "IS"... just to be clear.
And after further research agree it is heavy plate.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a Bulova pendant watch, but I'm not sure what's happened to the dial and hands portion. Has it filled up with gunk below the crystal?

View attachment 2232227
View attachment 2232228

View attachment 2232220
Yeah, I saw that online, too, however, like you said, there are no dial or hands that I can see. And when the knob it twisted one way it twists off; the other way it tightens it. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Use a super thin knife blade, that should open it. Cool find!
Tried that and still couldn't open it. Might have to consult a jeweler.
 
Upvote 0
The Bulova listing says 'gold tone', which usually means a plating that's gold coloured, but doesn't contain any gold.
Definitely gold plating and unfortunately, not real gold.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a Bulova pendant watch, but I'm not sure what's happened to the dial and hands portion. Has it filled up with gunk below the crystal?

View attachment 2232227
View attachment 2232228

View attachment 2232220

Yeah, I think this is probably a Bulova pendant necklace watch, but filled with "gunk" like Red-Coat mentioned. Since I viewed it in the daylight you can barely see the dial and hand portion through the gunk. I was hoping that it was an old locket with a photo inside, but it is what it is. Thanks, Red-Coat and Jack873!
image2.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom