What's new

f4

redneck13126

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
456
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
ilion,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra Pro, Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any tips on using set up and so on havin a lil trouble with gb

Red
 
gb?

You talking about a F4 or a Gold Bug?
 
Ground balance
 
Have you compared the automatic ground balance and the manual adjustment to see the difference?
 
Theres an auto gb i bought it from a guy no manual so i downloaded to my phone i must have missed that part
 
I don't have the F4 but I believe I have read somewhere that ground balance on the F4 only works in the all medal mode.
 
I just read that too somewhere so in disc it runs a preset gb hmm
 
(Interesting note)

The Bounty Hunter - Discovery 3300 is a Fisher F4 without a 11" DD coil. Alot of people don't know this.

:thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
there is a guy on Youtube. He has a Discovery 3300 and he shows how he does the ground balance on it.

 
Ok thank you
 
If I may: The Ground Balance on the F4 only works in All Metal (not All Metal Discriminate) mode. Since the pinpoint function is also All Metal, you do need to ground balance the F4. I've noticed that when my F4 is not properly GB'd, it will sing/hum/chatter in pinpoint even when not over a target. I know it says this in the manual, but make certain that there's nothing metallic under the coil (I use all metal disc) before you start making adjustments to the GB. Makes it kind of hard to locate your target when everything sounds the same. ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom