oklahomabob
Tenderfoot
- #1
Thread Owner
I live in a restored 1904 house in Oklahoma. I have a f70 that i have set at program 1 disc6, de speed, senssitivity 70, threshold -1, 4 tones notch 2. I have found two merc's 1931-1938. I'm digging junk, small nails show up as 25 50 cents. I know there are old coins out ther but im digging nails what setting do i need to go too. thanks bob
and its ability to separate the good targets from the bad ones. I have a $6,000.00 metal detector that goes a country mile deep, but is lousy in high trash. Remember this, the deeper you go, the more trash you intercept. Deep isn't always good. A few years ago I located a very "shallow" 18th century trash pit in S.C. , full of rosebud nails and Misc. scrap mixed with the good relics. I had left my small 5 inch coil for my Etrac at home that day, I remembered I had one of the kids Tesoro Comppadre's in the back of the truck. I spent that day using that machine pulling relic after relic because of the Tesoro's small coil and its ability to separate the good targets from the bad ones. Get yourself a Teknetics G2 or a Fisher Goldbug, and you will be thanking me. On another note, I noticed you were thinking about buying a used machine? You need to be VERY careful about buying used detectors without factory Warranties. You should see the machine function before you buy it ok? You never know what the last owner did to it. A warranty is very important to have with ANY piece of electronic equipment.








