Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi;

Curious how many relic diggers run their F75 SE or LTD on bP and how many dE or even JE?

I see they have added a FA mode for trashy areas and can't wait to give that a shot.

Prior to getting the upgrade I always ran my F75 on BP even on flat surfaces with the thought that I was getting better depth although running a slower sweep because of it. This played well for me because my coil had a tendency to false even on light brush so I was being careful anyway. Now I have a new coil as part of the upgrade (assume they found an issue with my old coil) so this has me rethinking my angle of attack.

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug, if I'm in a farm field with not much trash I use all-metal motion with sens. maxed out. I've recently been to a spot with beautiful black dirt down to 10-11 inches where it changes to a yellow loamy soil. The F-75 picks up bullets or spencer casing parts loud and clear down to the soil change where my VDI #s change dramatically. When I slow down on a deep signal, one sweep may have VDI#s all over the place(I want to see a tiny whisper in the 30s or higher) and the back-sweep may be a 5. After removing a few shovels of dirt, the #s usually don't change until I throw the deep item out of the hole where it usually starts screaming normal bullet #s. If I change to BP, DE, or JE, I haven't had the same success. If there is a lot of trash, those 3 disc. modes are all good, I prefer BP and JE.
Also, in CW country, dig that deep iron...you might be rewarded with a cannon ball.
Good luck in the lower Carolina---JBnNC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread