Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi;

Curious how many relic diggers run their F75 SE or LTD on bP and how many dE or even JE?

I see they have added a FA mode for trashy areas and can't wait to give that a shot.

Prior to getting the upgrade I always ran my F75 on BP even on flat surfaces with the thought that I was getting better depth although running a slower sweep because of it. This played well for me because my coil had a tendency to false even on light brush so I was being careful anyway. Now I have a new coil as part of the upgrade (assume they found an issue with my old coil) so this has me rethinking my angle of attack.

Dug, if I'm in a farm field with not much trash I use all-metal motion with sens. maxed out. I've recently been to a spot with beautiful black dirt down to 10-11 inches where it changes to a yellow loamy soil. The F-75 picks up bullets or spencer casing parts loud and clear down to the soil change where my VDI #s change dramatically. When I slow down on a deep signal, one sweep may have VDI#s all over the place(I want to see a tiny whisper in the 30s or higher) and the back-sweep may be a 5. After removing a few shovels of dirt, the #s usually don't change until I throw the deep item out of the hole where it usually starts screaming normal bullet #s. If I change to BP, DE, or JE, I haven't had the same success. If there is a lot of trash, those 3 disc. modes are all good, I prefer BP and JE.
Also, in CW country, dig that deep iron...you might be rewarded with a cannon ball.
Good luck in the lower Carolina---JBnNC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back