F75 Trash coil.

Marko2

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2008
Manteno
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Surf pro, Whites MXT, Tesoro Cortes, Tesoro Vaquero
Hello All
I just purchased a new F75 with the 11in coil. I am looking for suggestions on a fisher coil for trashy areas. This is my first Fisher product. So i am a little nervous about it. I have been using Whites for the last 15 years; good product and no problems. The group i hunt with nobody has a fisher mostly minelab and whites and some tesoros. They all seem to be good machines just depends on your experience with that particular model and we all have fun. There is about 20 of us so i had to be different. This will be the first Fisher among us so i am trying to be prepared for the nay Sayers that said don't. So with no Fisher experience among us i hopfully can get some expert advice from you all. Thank you.

its hard to beat the stock coil.........

Marko2 said:
Hello All
I just purchased a new F75 with the 11in coil. I am looking for suggestions on a fisher coil for trashy areas. This is my first Fisher product. So i am a little nervous about it. I have been using Whites for the last 15 years; good product and no problems. The group i hunt with nobody has a fisher mostly minelab and whites and some tesoros. They all seem to be good machines just depends on your experience with that particular model and we all have fun. There is about 20 of us so i had to be different. This will be the first Fisher among us so i am trying to be prepared for the nay Sayers that said don't. So with no Fisher experience among us i hopfully can get some expert advice from you all. Thank you.
The separation will blow you away, as compared to most machines out there. If you have an extremely "busy' site that you just cant use the stock coil at (I've yet to find one), I'd recommend the 5" DD. VERY VERY good separation, and is more sensitive on real small conductors than the stock coil. You'll give up some depth...........but in the places I tend to hunt....depth is ony 25% of the equation.................

Leave it at factory preset till u learn it .Then blow the others out of the water.U have a superb machine . :thumbsup:

If you are used to a White's the DD of the Fisher will open a whole new world to you. Hunt it like you would a 2" wide and 11" long coil. And by that I mean get in the habit of "X"ing any potentially good target. If you get an iffy signal shift your sweep and come at it from a different angle. The DD is a long but narrow sweet spot and the seperation can be superb with a fast machine like the F75.

I have a 6.5" concentric coil for the F75 I just bought to mess with this spring and I'm hoping for some added play in trashy spots. One thing a lot of detectorists seem to ignore is that while a large coil gives you added depth in ideal conditions it can be a hassle in trashy spots and cost you coins a smaller coil might pick out from among the trash. It's not the width of the coil but the volume of soil under the coil that the detector has to sort out. A 6" coil may have 1/3 the volume of field in the soil of a 10" coil so it sees a coin and a pull tab instead of a coin, a nail, and four pulltabs which might overwhelm the circuits.

I got the 4 x 6 1/2" just before the end of the season last year and only used it on one short (45 mins) outing due to sleet, but in that short time I was really impressed. I got a great deal about 6 weeks ago on the 5" DD and am chomping at the bit to take it out for a walk.

The 11" coil has great separation but can only do so much for you when you've got about 10 trash targets under that coil. I've been chased out of quite a few great old areas because of that but those small coils will sniff in between.

I used a 3" and 5" on my 1266 under those conditions and did very good, but now with the F75 it'll be a whole new experience.

Have a good time!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back