aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Facts about Gold
Micron Gold
Sometimes folks who are interested in prospecting for gold in the western USA ask why, when the state of Nevada produces litterally tons of gold each year, that so little of it is in the form of placer nuggets. Its true, Nevada has a large number of gold mines and they produce some considerable amounts of gold, in fact, far more than any other state. It is also true that while Nevada does produce some nice placer gold, much of the Nevada gold is taken from big mines where the gold is microscopic - only a few microns in size. At most of these big mines, only a small percentage is large enough to be considered as "nugget" gold. As an example, Round Mountain, a large Nevada producer, produces about 3% of its gold as nuggets. The rest, 97% is too tiny to be placer. Most large Nevada mines produce 100% of their gold from deposits of micron sized, microscopic gold and produce no placer at all.
This stuff is all over the placeā€¦What we need to know about Micro gold is the signal strength of the deposits. Most of the deposits are small. Some of the larger accumulations can give off a signal that reads as much as 35 pounds of gold. It is very difficult to null this amount outā€¦.Always dig into a bucket. When the signal is no longer in your hole and is in your bucket you have it allā€¦Save this material until the winter as it takes a lot of time to process.
Another thing to think about is what I call kickersā€¦These are deposits on the surface. They are usually in spots where the rain has moved themā€¦Signs of black sand on the surface is a dead give awayā€¦Just kick the spot and see if the signal disappears.
http://www.goldplacer.com/
Placer Gold
Placer mining (pronounced /ĖˆplƦsər/, also /ĖˆpleÉŖsər/[1]) is the mining of alluvial deposits for minerals. This may be done by open-pit (also called open-cast mining) or by various forms of tunneling into ancient riverbeds. Excavation may be accomplished using water pressure (hydraulic mining), surface excavating equipment or tunneling equipment.
The name derives from Spanish, placer, meaning "sandbank." It refers to mining the precious metal deposits (particularly gold and gemstones) found in alluvial depositsā€”deposits of sand and gravel in modern or ancient stream beds. The metal or gemstones, having been moved by stream flow from an original source such as a vein, is typically only a minuscule portion of the total deposit. The containing material may be too loose to safely mine by tunneling. Where water under pressure is available, it may be used to mine, move, and separate the precious material from the deposit.
The best places to look for Placer Gold areā€¦Near present day rivers and streams..You need to remember that Placer Gold only moves in the water at High Water or flood conditions. It will only drop out of the water when there is a low pressure condition. IE. Behind large boulders or rock outcroppings or the insides of bends.
Always look above the stream or river for flat spots that could be where the water was 1000ā€™s of years ago..These are called ā€œbenchesā€ā€¦and are usually higher up the mountainā€¦.
In the Dessert look in Dry Sand washes where gold could have been move by flash flooding. Just again look for low pressure areas.
There are a lot of maps of Ancient Stream Beds and they are good places to look also.
http://www.gold-nuggets.org/finding-gold-nuggets-areas.htm
Gold Nuggets
The best areas for finding gold nuggets are those which are known for producing coarse gold. The term "coarse" is used to describe gold pieces which range in size from a wheat grain to many grams. Scanning with a metal detector is the most common, practical method for finding gold nuggets and other forms of gold.
Coarse gold did not occur in all gold fields, even when some were considered especially rich. In some areas of Australia the gold is fine and concentrated in crevices in bedrock and any gravel wash overlying this. A metal detector cannot pick up this fine gold sprinkled through sand and gravel, nor can it detect minute traces of gold still enclosed in quartz reef material.
Miners were supposed to register the weight and location of all gold nuggets found over a certain size, although this requirement was often resented by the diggers who probably avoided the directive whenever possible.
There were usually several phases of activity for finding gold nuggets on an alluvial (gold) field. Following the initial discovery, the area was 'rushed' by diggers from near and then far. These early arrivals would work with great speed, sinking hundreds or even thousands of shafts as long as possible to the place of the first finds. Sometimes only a small proportion of shafts dug would produce gold nuggets or any other gold. Those which did indicated the direction of the rich lead, or perhaps the reef from which the material was shed.
You should be aware of the fact that ā€œnuggetsā€ are a rare itemā€¦and also that when you find one there may be others near byā€¦.
I will try to come up with something about Gold Float and finding gold veinsā€¦

I am not an expert on Gold so if you have anything else please put it on here...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
More

Attachments

• P9100001.GIF
    P9100001.GIF
    43 KB · Views: 984
  • CLINKERS.gif
    CLINKERS.gif
    48 KB · Views: 989
  • my2363.GIF
    my2363.GIF
    57.7 KB · Views: 970
  • PC270005.GIF
    PC270005.GIF
    31.2 KB · Views: 957
OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
A little about the old time type LRL's

Attachments

• Depth.gif
    Depth.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 2,131
  • 678.GIF
    678.GIF
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Depth.gif
    Depth.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 2,256

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
"Alluvial" redirects here.
(from the Latin, alluvius, from alluere, "to wash against") is loose, unconsolidated (not cemented together into a solid rock), soil or sediments, eroded, deposited, and reshaped by water in some form in a non-marine setting.[1][2] Alluvium is typically made up of a variety of materials, including fine particles of silt and clay and larger particles of sand and gravel. When this loose alluvial material is deposited or cemented into a lithological unit, or lithified, it would be called an alluvial deposit." From Wiki

It does NOT necessarily mean GOLD.

Thanks

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
"Alluvial" redirects here.
(from the Latin, alluvius, from alluere, "to wash against") is loose, unconsolidated (not cemented together into a solid rock), soil or sediments, eroded, deposited, and reshaped by water in some form in a non-marine setting.[1][2] Alluvium is typically made up of a variety of materials, including fine particles of silt and clay and larger particles of sand and gravel. When this loose alluvial material is deposited or cemented into a lithological unit, or lithified, it would be called an alluvial deposit." From Wiki

It does NOT necessarily mean GOLD.
No it does notā€¦But when it says "Alluvial Goldā€ what else would it beā€¦.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Float
Now the old timers would pan the streams until no more gold could be found. They would then go on both sides of the stream and dig holes about every 10 feet for about 100 yards. They would then pan the contents of each hole for gold. When they determined which side of the stream the gold was on they would move up the mountain about twenty feet and repeat the digging. By mapping the location of the gold they could determine where the exposed gold vein was located. The gold comes down the mountain from the source in an inverted V pattern. It may have taken a million years for it to make this journey.
It is not much different for us todayā€¦When using an LRL the float will show up. It is easy to map where each signal ends until you find the exposed vein. It is not easy where the exposed vein is 4 or 5 thousand feet above the streamā€¦A hint for those in California..The majority of gold mines in that state are on average located at the 3200 foot level.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey jimmygoatā€¦You will find that these guyā€™s know very little about treasure huntingā€¦We argued for days about the use of Federal Landā€¦.I have had few Rangers tell me to go away and have received a few tickets but no jail time yetā€¦It is my land and I am going to use itā€¦
I can see how some non prospector would have a hard time using this type of equipment. That is why I started this threadā€¦..Art

Attachments

• 41.GIF
    41.GIF
    62.7 KB · Views: 978
OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
From your E-Mails I know a lot of you are Dredgersā€¦I do not know if the newer models of LRLā€™s can be used in the water. The old style that use Rods can. If you are working the smaller rivers or streams LRLā€™s can be very helpful to find the ā€ Pay Streak.ā€ Say you want to dredge in a spot that has 4 feet of over burden. If you are using a 4 inch or less it is a waste of time to take the whole width of the spot out to find the pay streak. If you are using a 6 or 8 inch it would be a lot faster.
Just set the LRL up on dry land and go into the water. The Rods will work just fine while you walk around and find signalsā€¦When you find a lot of signals that end and are lined up you have found the pay streak. Now all you have to do is dredge straight down ā€¦.Art

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
aarthrj3811 said:
Facts about Gold
Micron Gold
Sometimes folks who are interested in prospecting for gold in the western USA ask why, when the state of Nevada produces litterally tons of gold each year, that so little of it is in the form of placer nuggets. Its true, Nevada has a large number of gold mines and they produce some considerable amounts of gold, in fact, far more than any other state. It is also true that while Nevada does produce some nice placer gold, much of the Nevada gold is taken from big mines where the gold is microscopic - only a few microns in size. At most of these big mines, only a small percentage is large enough to be considered as "nugget" gold. As an example, Round Mountain, a large Nevada producer, produces about 3% of its gold as nuggets. The rest, 97% is too tiny to be placer. Most large Nevada mines produce 100% of their gold from deposits of micron sized, microscopic gold and produce no placer at all.
This stuff is all over the placeā€¦What we need to know about Micro gold is the signal strength of the deposits. Most of the deposits are small. Some of the larger accumulations can give off a signal that reads as much as 35 pounds of gold. It is very difficult to null this amount outā€¦.Always dig into a bucket. When the signal is no longer in your hole and is in your bucket you have it allā€¦Save this material until the winter as it takes a lot of time to process.
Another thing to think about is what I call kickersā€¦These are deposits on the surface. They are usually in spots where the rain has moved themā€¦Signs of black sand on the surface is a dead give awayā€¦Just kick the spot and see if the signal disappears.
http://www.goldplacer.com/
Placer Gold
Placer mining (pronounced /ĖˆplƦsər/, also /ĖˆpleÉŖsər/[1]) is the mining of alluvial deposits for minerals. This may be done by open-pit (also called open-cast mining) or by various forms of tunneling into ancient riverbeds. Excavation may be accomplished using water pressure (hydraulic mining), surface excavating equipment or tunneling equipment.
The name derives from Spanish, placer, meaning "sandbank." It refers to mining the precious metal deposits (particularly gold and gemstones) found in alluvial depositsā€”deposits of sand and gravel in modern or ancient stream beds. The metal or gemstones, having been moved by stream flow from an original source such as a vein, is typically only a minuscule portion of the total deposit. The containing material may be too loose to safely mine by tunneling. Where water under pressure is available, it may be used to mine, move, and separate the precious material from the deposit.
The best places to look for Placer Gold areā€¦Near present day rivers and streams..You need to remember that Placer Gold only moves in the water at High Water or flood conditions. It will only drop out of the water when there is a low pressure condition. IE. Behind large boulders or rock outcroppings or the insides of bends.
Always look above the stream or river for flat spots that could be where the water was 1000ā€™s of years ago..These are called ā€œbenchesā€ā€¦and are usually higher up the mountainā€¦.
In the Dessert look in Dry Sand washes where gold could have been move by flash flooding. Just again look for low pressure areas.
There are a lot of maps of Ancient Stream Beds and they are good places to look also.
http://www.gold-nuggets.org/finding-gold-nuggets-areas.htm
Gold Nuggets
The best areas for finding gold nuggets are those which are known for producing coarse gold. The term "coarse" is used to describe gold pieces which range in size from a wheat grain to many grams. Scanning with a metal detector is the most common, practical method for finding gold nuggets and other forms of gold.
Coarse gold did not occur in all gold fields, even when some were considered especially rich. In some areas of Australia the gold is fine and concentrated in crevices in bedrock and any gravel wash overlying this. A metal detector cannot pick up this fine gold sprinkled through sand and gravel, nor can it detect minute traces of gold still enclosed in quartz reef material.
Miners were supposed to register the weight and location of all gold nuggets found over a certain size, although this requirement was often resented by the diggers who probably avoided the directive whenever possible.
There were usually several phases of activity for finding gold nuggets on an alluvial (gold) field. Following the initial discovery, the area was 'rushed' by diggers from near and then far. These early arrivals would work with great speed, sinking hundreds or even thousands of shafts as long as possible to the place of the first finds. Sometimes only a small proportion of shafts dug would produce gold nuggets or any other gold. Those which did indicated the direction of the rich lead, or perhaps the reef from which the material was shed.
You should be aware of the fact that ā€œnuggetsā€ are a rare itemā€¦and also that when you find one there may be others near byā€¦.
I will try to come up with something about Gold Float and finding gold veinsā€¦

I am not an expert on Gold so if you have anything else please put it on here...Art

Excellent copy and paste, too well written to be yours..
You know what reference means?
http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospecting_info/micron_gold/Nevada_gold_prod.htm

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Yes I do. Long Range Locator operators are known mostly
for the scams they try to pull, and the total lack of proveable
results. They so much want to believe they are actually
doing something or feeling some aura or cosmic waves or
signals or whatever they want to call it that they ignore the
obvious FACT that the junk science they believe in is less
believeable than the bucket of gold at the end of the
rainbow. If one of them gets lucky and stumbles across
a piece of an old watch or other random find while twitching
their witching rods, they proclaim the fake device totally
responsible. I watched a friend of my fathers fall for this
scam, another guy conned him with his lrl fraud dance total
set up salted find demonstration, he spent big money,
never found a dime,
and I will never stop exposing the out right fraud
of the LRL SCAM!

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
results. They so much want to believe they are actually
doing something or feeling some aura or cosmic waves or
signals or whatever they want to call it that they ignore the
obvious FACT that the junk science they believe in is less
believeable than the bucket of gold at the end of the
rainbow. If one of them gets lucky and stumbles across
a piece of an old watch or other random find while twitching
their witching rods, they proclaim the fake device totally
responsible. I watched a friend of my fathers fall for this
scam, another guy conned him with his lrl fraud dance total
set up salted find demonstration, he spent big money,
never found a dime,
and I will never stop exposing the out right fraud
of the LRL SCAM!
results.
The fact that you have not been around very many LRL or MFD operators shows.
I was ask to put this information on this board by real people who want to learn. They are LRL or MFD usersā€¦They do not need to know what you think of them as they know that their LRLā€™s or MFDā€™s workā€¦.Art

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
aarthrj3811 said:
I was ask to put this information on this board by real people who want to learn. They are LRL or MFD usersā€¦They do not need to know what you think of them as they know that their LRLā€™s or MFDā€™s workā€¦.Art

These real people you say ask(ed) you, they aren't competent
enought to type micron gold into google. Or you couldn't just
post a link, you copy and paste like it is something you wrote.
You say you know what reference means, prove it!

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
These real people you say ask(ed) you, they aren't competent
enought to type micron gold into google. Or you couldn't just
post a link, you copy and paste like it is something you wrote.
You say you know what reference means, prove it!
Thanks for ā€œyourā€ opinionā€¦I am sure what you are writing is just the ā€œexchange of informationā€ that people come to a ā€œTreasure Hunting Siteā€ to learnā€¦Art

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
aarthrj3811 said:
Thanks for ā€œyourā€ opinionā€¦I am sure what you are writing is just the ā€œexchange of informationā€ that people come to a ā€œTreasure Hunting Siteā€ to learnā€¦Art
See that above Art? that is a quote by using the quote button
Think you'll ever figure out that pesky quote button?

maybe you should google reference, see exactly what it means

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
See that above Art? that is a quote by using the quote button
Think you'll ever figure out that pesky quote button?

maybe you should google reference, see exactly what it means
It quite obvious that you do did not come here to talk about ā€œGOLDā€. It sure is strange that all you guys want to talk about is meā€¦I will tell you a little secretā€¦.The only people that complain about my posts are the Skeptics. I think that is not about not using the quote button but my honest answers to questionsā€¦.Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread