Eureka!
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 11, 2014
- Messages
- 159
- Reaction score
- 79
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northeast Coast USA
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
I've been reading about Pennies and found out some interesting things that made me look twice at the "stinkin Lincolns" that we all find which we automatically think are practically worthless.
I picked up a great book that focuses on tips to identify valuable types and varieties of U.S.Coins. The name of the book is "U.S.Coins CLOSE UP" (Krause Publications -
EDITED - You'll find the book here: http://www.krausebooks.com/us-coins-close-up-w7621 U.S. Coins Close Up - Collector Guides | Krause Books
The book starts with Liberty Cap half-cents 1793-1797 and goes on to alert the collector of all the nuisances of all the most sort-after U.S. Coins; right up to the U.S. Dollar coins. It spans from the 1700's to the present.
The book addresses subjects I never knew existed, about U.S. coins that I never knew existed. What I like the most about this book is that it's short on words and has lots of close up photos.
Here's something that may be of interest to all "METAL Detectorists" here on TNet- the History and compositions of U.S. Pennies:

I picked up a great book that focuses on tips to identify valuable types and varieties of U.S.Coins. The name of the book is "U.S.Coins CLOSE UP" (Krause Publications -
EDITED - You'll find the book here: http://www.krausebooks.com/us-coins-close-up-w7621 U.S. Coins Close Up - Collector Guides | Krause Books
The book starts with Liberty Cap half-cents 1793-1797 and goes on to alert the collector of all the nuisances of all the most sort-after U.S. Coins; right up to the U.S. Dollar coins. It spans from the 1700's to the present.
The book addresses subjects I never knew existed, about U.S. coins that I never knew existed. What I like the most about this book is that it's short on words and has lots of close up photos.
Here's something that may be of interest to all "METAL Detectorists" here on TNet- the History and compositions of U.S. Pennies:

Last edited:







