What's new

Fading pinpointing signal

johnnycat

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville, IN.
Detector(s) used
Legend and Nokta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just recently I have started hunting parks in between my daylong old sites searches. Several times I have found 1-3 coins in a very tight cluster. While attempting to pinpoint, my pinpoint signal just simply fades completely out. I can swing away from the target, hit pinpoint tigger and the signal comes in very strong again only to fade out again. Is this normal? (MXT).
 
I believe your describing pinpoint detuning and the M6 has this feature. When you squeeze and release the pinpoint toggle once or twice over the target and sweep the coil it will quickly fade out the target until you move coil off to the side and retry. It helps to narrow down pinpoint location. I'm sure the MXT has same feature. HH Bill
 
No that's not it. I am aware of the detuning technique. Sound just disappears completely when I have more than one object close together and I am trying to pinpoint. ??? Thank you for the input.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom