What's new

Failed Crop Field No.2 - Day 1.........

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,309
Reaction score
48,560
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found another area of failed crop, its in another poor hunting ground but at this time of year we are glad of anywhere to go.

Only did 2 hours (4 man hours) - worst day this year.

1797 Penny
EPNS fork
1 scrappy
watch winder
bits...

We should be able to finish the area this weekend.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0
Man I know 1797 isn't old for you, but WOW! Is that fork really as big as it looks in the picture? Great digs as usual! Good luck this weekend.
 
that does it, i'm sticking with the lobo :D
 
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Man I know 1797 isn't old for you, but WOW! Is that fork really as big as it looks in the picture? Great digs as usual! Good luck this weekend.

Yeah, pretty big.

We will need all the luck we can get in this area.

shaun7 said:
that does it, i'm sticking with the lobo :D
& Dad got more buttons
 
that must have been you i saw around the corner from me today :icon_jokercolor:
 
I would like to find a few of the things you find!
 
Well look at the good side of things, it can only get better. And your button count has increased!
 
WOODY50 said:
Well look at the good side of things, it can only get better. And your button count has increased!

thats exactly how I think
 
Hey CRU! gotta love those buttons! And the key is cool too. I will be in England this fall. A friend of ours lives in Cirencester are you close?
 
4-H staff said:
Hey CRU! gotta love those buttons! And the key is cool too. I will be in England this fall. A friend of ours lives in Cirencester are you close?

Not really, its about 3 hours away, but I guess coming from the US, your call it close.

Cirencester was an Iron Age area which later became a Roman Town (second largest in the UK :o ) & market area, must be tons of stuff waiting to be found in those ploughed fields.

http://www.cotswold.gov.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=1711&tt=cotswold
Read the above.
 
That is good stuff CRU! Thank you! Can you suggest any spots nearby? Our friend is the Dean of the Oldest agricultrial college In England. He said he can gain us permission on certain sites. And, you can meet up with us to hunt? Our friend (Amanda)Who works with us visited last year. She Has her history major from the University of Michigan. She told me that the land was not effected by ww2 bombings. Correct?
 
4-H staff said:
That is good stuff CRU! Thank you! Can you suggest any spots nearby? Our friend is the Dean of the Oldest agricultrial college In England. He said he can gain us permission on certain sites. And, you can meet up with us to hunt? Our friend (Amanda)Who works with us visited last year. She Has her history major from the University of Michigan. She told me that the land was not effected by ww2 bombings. Correct?

I could definately help you hunt, but you would need you to do, 1 of the following. Gain permission for my Dad or Shaun7, as I don't drive, or pick me up. I would suggest, if Shaun7 is free that you gain permission for us both. The reason being is that the more of us hunting in a team, the better the results & we will pin down the hotspots & cover a larger area.

If you can find the fields closest to any of the following:
River, lake, pond, water
The town its self, the closer the better.
If you scan google earth that should give you some clues.

I think you right about the bombing, as its away from the East Coast RAF stations & not a major industrial place they aimed for.
 
i'm free, i'm free ;D
 
Only did 2 hours (4 man hours) - worst day this year.

Cru, I think your post is equivalent to me posting just a few wheat pennies and no silver!! :icon_jokercolor:

There's always a next time!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom