What's new

Fake tattoo

signal_line

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
2,235
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at my dermatologist today getting prepped for some x-ray treatments on my hand. The doctor drew out some circles where the x-ray machine was to hit. Later in the day I was at the store. The cashier had among other things a nose ring, piercings, and probably some tats I couldn’t see. She had a creepy very low voice. I was polite. I wear normal clothing, maybe a little red neck and she didn’t seem too friendly. Then she saw my hand and I’m certain she thought it was a tat! Then she became overly friendly. LOL
IMG_3121.webp
 
I was at my dermatologist today getting prepped for some x-ray treatments on my hand. The doctor drew out some circles where the x-ray machine was to hit. Later in the day I was at the store. The cashier had among other things a nose ring, piercings, and probably some tats I couldn’t see. She had a creepy very low voice. I was polite. I wear normal clothing, maybe a little red neck and she didn’t seem too friendly. Then she saw my hand and I’m certain she thought it was a tat! Then she became overly friendly. LOL
View attachment 2252223
So another story I worked with a woman on a road construction crew. She was a flagged and had all sorts of weird things including a tattoo on her neck, some writing I don’t know what it was. I saw her a few months later and there was no tattoo on her neck! It was just fake to make her look tough.
 
I keep my opinions to myself when around the public, but for the life
of me I will never understand the desire some folks have to put a
big bull ring through their nose. I'm sure they have their reasons, and
while I don't want to be disrespectful to people who are living the life
they choose to live, I'll never get used to seeing it.

Honestly, my gut kinda turns every time I see a young person with a ring in their
nose big enough to clip a dog leash on.
warning1.gif
 
ever since they legalized tattoo shops in Oklahoma in 2006 (Oklahoma was the last state to legalize tattooing), it seems exceedingly rare to go out in public and see someone who doesn't have any. I'm always somewhat amazed at how many young people around the age of 18 to 20 that have several all over them or their entire arm completely done. I also see kids who are in high school who are under the age of 18 who have them. I always wonder how many of those young people will regret their decision later in life because even though the practice is legal now and more widely accepted, it does still have an effect on the person's ability to gain employment in certain job fields.
 
I keep my opinions to myself when around the public, but for the life
of me I will never understand the desire some folks have to put a
big bull ring through their nose. I'm sure they have their reasons, and
while I don't want to be disrespectful to people who are living the life
they choose to live, I'll never get used to seeing it.

Honestly, my gut kinda turns every time I see a young person with a ring in their
nose big enough to clip a dog leash on. View attachment 2252231
In my mind it’s a step above the white head nose stud. You know that small diamond placed exactly where people tend to get ripe whiteheads on their nose. For the life of me I do not understand why women do that.
 
I always wonder how many of those young people will regret their decision later in life because even though the practice is legal now and more widely accepted, it does still have an effect on the person's ability to gain employment in certain job fields.

In my mind it’s a step above the white head nose stud. You know that small diamond placed exactly where people tend to get ripe whiteheads on their nose. For the life of me I do not understand why women do that.

Speaking in general terms, I'm thinking for maybe the past 30 years or so, younger people
have not been held accountable (ie: deal with the consequences) for their actions. Understanding
that *choices* have consequences seems like a foreign concept to them. They act/react to
the "here and now", and lack the life experience to look down the road at what their choices
now will bring them later.

Tattoos are permanent. A skilled artist may be able to cover it up with something else, or they
can be burned off, but otherwise it's with you until you croak.
 
Last edited:
Speaking in general terms, I'm thinking for maybe the past 30 years or so, younger people
have not been held accountable (ie: deal with the consequences) for their actions. Understanding
that *choices* have consequences seems like a foreign concept to them. They act/react to
the "here and now", and lack the life experience to look down the road at what their choices
now will bring the later.

Tattoos are permanent. A skilled artist may be able to cover it up with something else, or they
can be burned off, but otherwise it's with you until you croak.
I’m one of the few that don’t have any. Various reasons for that.
 
Yeah when see a woman wearing a nose ring I think they are crying for pity.
 
Last edited:
Anyone that has worked difficult bovines knows the purpose of a nose ring and more common nose tongs. They are not particularly effective unless the animal has been trained with them. Kind of like a bit for a horse I guess.

Weird it became so popular, even for sweet innocent girls with no tattoos.
 
My best advice for anyone is to stick to an area where you can cover them up, if necessary. Upper arms, chest and back. Forearms, hands, face and neck are bad spots for tattoos.

I've only got one and I was 55 when I got it as a tribute to my favorite band, Lynyrd Skynyrd. Upper right arm, so I can show it off or hide it. I rarely feel the need to hide it, though. Not really offensive, except for the few people who think Skynyrd's a racist band for waving the Stars and Bars at their concerts for many years. Can't worry about those types...
 
It's a far different world we live in today when compared to the world
so many of us grew up in.
 
Tattoos on women? Remember this old adage: "You can't shine shit."
Take that money you're spending on tats and go see a nutritionist or join a gym!
There's another saying that goes, "Don't judge others by your own feelings."
It also tells me that you have no understanding of different cultures.
 
There's another saying that goes, "Don't judge others by your own feelings."
It also tells me that you have no understanding of different cultures.
Most of the people I see who have tattoos (both men and women) are not in different cultures (and have no idea about them either).
 
There's another saying that goes, "Don't judge others by your own feelings."
It also tells me that you have no understanding of different cultures.
First of all. We're not talking about tattoos in a cultural setting but about people (women in particular) who have no idea about those cultures getting butt ugly "art" smeared on there skin.

Secondly, another example of the poor thinking involved with the decision to get a tat: This lady says to me " ... its to remind me of my grandma who died of diabetes and how we need to fight it ... " and I had to ask. ... "The tat doesn't help at all. You should have taken the money spent on the tat and donated it to research to help others with the disease."

Third. Truth is hard.
 
I keep my opinions to myself when around the public, but for the life
of me I will never understand the desire some folks have to put a
big bull ring through their nose. I'm sure they have their reasons, and
while I don't want to be disrespectful to people who are living the life
they choose to live, I'll never get used to seeing it.

Honestly, my gut kinda turns every time I see a young person with a ring in their
nose big enough to clip a dog leash on. View attachment 2252231
The only thing attracted to that is a magnet!
 
Give me the beautiful natural young ladies of the 1970’s any day. No b@@b jobs and no tats.
 
I’m 72. When I was a kid, it was criminals that had tattoos. Now I see police with sleeve tattoos. It’s a really bad look to me. Cops with those look like criminal gang members that would violate your rights in a heartbeat. View attachment 2252373
Agreed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom