Fall 2014.......locked in!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I still find it amazing that every week when I go out detecting, there's always something cool to find!

Hit the trail with Iron Patch as usual, we got back to the area we were hunting last week for the day; we didn't use up all our ideas last time before it got dark so we picked up where left off, too bad the finds didn't!

We found a couple of new sites today from the Victorian era, a little later than our usual colonial sites, but just as much to dig.
I was lucky enough to get over a few coins and an old lock; it's been a few years since I found a Newfoundland coin, so the ten cents I got was welcome.

I was so bummed out at the end of the day today, firstly my grey ghost headphones went to headphone heaven(rip) and secondly to make matters worse, I stumbled and stepped on my coil and broke it! I'm grew the beard of disappointment long and thick today.

I hope to have my machine and phones back in order before the spring, the rest of this year will be a day to day thing right now, but I'll have to get out my back up unit.

Attachments

• lock.JPG
    lock.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 001c.JPG
    001c.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 0225c.JPG
    0225c.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 120
  • nl10c.JPG
    nl10c.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 109
  • i1pt.JPG
    i1pt.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 14

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man, tough luck on the equipment. Hope you get everything back up to speed soon.

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some cool finds! Congrats. Sorry to hear bout breaking your coil, you'll just have to break in the new one!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds. I clicked 'like' for the finds, not for the broken gear

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
The Grey ghosts have a lifetime warranty.I sent mine in this year for repair and had them back in 6 days,there great at detector pro.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Nothing wrong with those finds, I love digging Vicky silver too...My machine has been acting up too lately, I've had the same headset for about 8 years and by looking at them, I am surprised they last that long (wires starting to show)...Even if my machine dies tomorrow, It owes me nothing... I've been using it for 10 years straight...time to break out the Explorer SE with the grey ghost...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a pretty nice hunt in anyones book, getting a couple of silvers and coppers is right up there. Your Newfie 10 cents sure looks like a 50 cent piece to me must be the eyes on one end or the other, either way I sure like the coin designs of Newfoundland. Now that you noted only 2 cases of bad luck be careful, that or just call the lack of finds at the first site the start of the run.
Lucky the GG headphones are covered and I'm sure there's lots of coils on the market for a decent price and it's covered.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your equipment troubles. Hope you can get back out soon.

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, that has to suck! I had bought a pair of the detecting headphones a few years back but found them too warm in the summer and they broke after just a few hunts. At least you got a couple silver before the coil got damaged, I've stepped on mine a few times and surprisingly 250 pounds didn't break it!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides stepping on detector I think you had a great day... really like that lock and the one cent

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Now that's a pretty nice hunt in anyones book, getting a couple of silvers and coppers is right up there. Your Newfie 10 cents sure looks like a 50 cent piece to me must be the eyes on one end or the other, either way I sure like the coin designs of Newfoundland. Now that you noted only 2 cases of bad luck be careful, that or just call the lack of finds at the first site the start of the run.
Lucky the GG headphones are covered and I'm sure there's lots of coils on the market for a decent price and it's covered.
I'm not overly concerned about the headphones, I am fully aware of the warranty ,I'll just have to send them in over the winter and the coil cracked badly, but at freezing temps, I'm not surprised it didn't turn out worse than it did, it is possible to band Sid it back together but will probably replace it and use the repaired one for back up.

Actually, there was a third thing...I also ( in the same field) poked a dried out beanstalk through my new pair of neoprene boots! Thanks for reminding me again how the end if my day sucked! lol

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day (notwithstanding) in the dirt.
The token being full penny, a quick flip through the book didn't see it, is it a canadian ? or did I just flip too quick.

That hunt got you something I've yet to find, an old lock. Come to think of it Newfie silver don't come along often either, believe I have a total of one.

Yeah that's some extra bad luck breaking your coil. I have to send in my detector for some treatment, thought it was the coil about a month ago, when it would act up from time to time, but not the coil, and completely unusable now.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Good day (notwithstanding) in the dirt.
The token being full penny, a quick flip through the book didn't see it, is it a canadian ? or did I just flip too quick.

That hunt got you something I've yet to find, an old lock. Come to think of it Newfie silver don't come along often either, believe I have a total of one.

Yeah that's some extra bad luck breaking your coil. I have to send in my detector for some treatment, thought it was the coil about a month ago, when it would act up from time to time, but not the coil, and completely unusable now.
Yes not having your #1 machine sucks when it's not cooperating.
The token is an Irish token, one penny, 1820....fairly common

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah even though you put on a great show you should leave those antics for the professionals. :)

You didn't smoke the wires so I never really thought of it as a big deal. It might be a little ugly next Spring, but not many battle scars are pretty to look at.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey buddy your luck will change. I too have had a very rough couple weeks. Wrecked my truck and busted myself up at work pretty good. My life never seems to roll along in a normal manner. One week I'm returning rings, finding Mass silver, and feeling great. The next I'm wrecking my truck and busting myself up lol. Some peoples lives are a straight line. Mine is mountain peaks and deep valleys. At least equipment issues came in December my friend. Now prepare yourself for some very good luck :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread