Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some color but not quite where I want it to be. Maybe another week. It's gettin down in the 30's at night but still nice in the days. Perfect campin weather, not that many tourists, and no snow yet. Great time to visit the mountains y'all. First pic is the Arkansas River, where you can actually jump across it.

Attachments

• 9-7r.jpg
    9-7r.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 9-7s.jpg
    9-7s.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 100

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
WOW!!...That's some color. I just noticed some of the vine maple brush is showing some signs of fall. Only up high in the Cascades, but nothing like that.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No color in Okie-land yet, RGINN....still 90+ degrees today. Supposed to get some rain tomorrow, though!
Beautiful picture of the Arkansas!

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night, the news showed the Arkansas River bone dry. Forgive me, but I don’t know where, and I know that it is a long stretch of river. But is anyone MDing on that exposed riverbed? And what can be found?

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night, the news showed the Arkansas River bone dry. Forgive me, but I don’t know where, and I know that it is a long stretch of river. But is anyone MDing on that exposed riverbed? And what can be found?

Any where below Tulsa OK the Locks & Dams hold the river level pretty stable, but West of there would be the place to look.

Fossis..............

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any where below Tulsa OK the Locks & Dams hold the river level pretty stable, but West of there would be the place to look.

Fossis..............

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble following you. I guess I'm a little slow. I live near Tulsa and when you get just south of Tulsa, the river level seems to vary greatly depending on the amount of rain. So are you saying west of Keystone Lake or south and east of Tulsa would be the place to look? Would you just scan near the banks or would it be best to check the deepest channels available? I guess I'm asking if the river can carry gold and other valuables down-stream?

Thanks for your help.

Owassokie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread