What's new

Fam field Suprise!!

JSM1986

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
195
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Tecknetics Omega 8000
Garret AT PRo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Farm field Suprise!!

I recently got permission to hunt a farm field right outside Newbern NC . After doing some research I found a soil survey map from 1904. I found that there were 8 different buildings on the property that no longer exist. I've only spent a few hours the last couple of days searching and here's what I've found so far. im not sure what some of the things are but any help would be appreciated. I found a !860s seated half dime (badly corroded from fertilizer, buckles, musket balls, some Wheaties (1918, 1944, and one unreadle), railroad luggage tag, handle of some sort, large copper coin(unidentifiable), axe head(not pictured) , hammered coin although I'm not or sure. It does have some lettering on it, and what I believe to be a one hole button. I also found some metal pieces with cloth tightly wrapped around it. Any Ideas? Its very possible it could be a colonial era sight. Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • 20150419_140336[1].webp
    20150419_140336[1].webp
    254.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20150417_215303[1].webp
    20150417_215303[1].webp
    261 KB · Views: 126
  • 20150419_144517[1].webp
    20150419_144517[1].webp
    422.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20150419_145057[1].webp
    20150419_145057[1].webp
    309.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20150419_145310[1].webp
    20150419_145310[1].webp
    286.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Do you have a close up of the bigger buckle in the bottom center.
 
Close-ups of the large copper coin??

I think I see what looks like the line of the plow of a NJ Copper in your photo.
NJ-1-Maris-48-g.obv.webp

(not my photo)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom