Family dies in Mariposa county due to possible mineshaft gasses

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/us/yosemite-family-death-trnd/index.html

Be careful out there guys. I've prospected in that area before and I swear I could smell something unpleasant in the water in the creeks there like gas. Authorities are still unsure what killed the family, no obvious signs of death/wounds and best theory so far is either mineshaft gasses from the old mines in the area or algae bloom in the creeks.

Upvote 4

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
They have moved to legalize meth, heroin, crack, etc in Oregon in an effort to combat the societal decline we are seeing. Federal government sending out crack pipes, local gov giving out needles at parks. Folks pushing for more head shops in small towns as a way to “revitalize” the city. I see the negative impact, just don’t get the rationale behind it. Hasn’t worked in San Francisco or Portland. Turned those cities into zombie wastelands.
Yes I know. Society has degraded tremendously in the last 30 years. If every hard drug was legalized today, it wouldnt make me more apt to take up using hard drugs, at the same time I think legalizing hard drugs is a terrible idea. Pot is the least harmful of any drug legal or illegal. Alcohol kills half million Americans each year. It has taken my friends, my neighbors, and almost killed my mom, several times.
My point is the same as before. If pot was legalized on a national scale today, the biggest change would be the price. The biggest crime with pot is the market, always has been.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I know. Society has degraded tremendously in the last 30 years. If every hard drug was legalized today, it wouldnt make me more apt to take up using hard drugs, at the same time I think legalizing hard drugs is a terrible idea. Pot is the least harmful of any drug legal or illegal. Alcohol kills half million Americans each year. It has taken my friends, my neighbors, and almost killed my mom, several times.
My point is the same as before. If pot was legalized on a national scale today, the biggest change would be the price. The biggest crime with pot is the market, always has been.
Folks that get high on alcohol can at times be aggressive and confrontational. Folks that get high on Pot can be very aggressive. To twinkies, nachos, snicker bars, etc.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
They have moved to legalize meth, heroin, crack, etc in Oregon in an effort to combat the societal decline we are seeing. Federal government sending out crack pipes, local gov giving out needles at parks. Folks pushing for more head shops in small towns as a way to “revitalize” the city. I see the negative impact, just don’t get the rationale behind it. Hasn’t worked in San Francisco or Portland. Turned those cities into zombie wastelands.
Ive been wondering where all the bums went in Redding? They just vanished. Must have got bussed to greener pastures/ more accommodating facilities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions