old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back from a short vacation just last week from an invitation from Larson 1951 in North Dakota. I was privileged and given permission to search a 200+ year old Mandan Indian village. I was told by the land owner that it was possible that trade items like beads and metal arrow points were traded for furs and other Indian items, and it was possible that these metal points and etc. could possibly be present on this site.
After getting permission to metal detect, I immediately went to work searching the site. I wasn't into the field 15 minutes when I got my first signal, and there it was, my first copper arrowhead. ''Woo Hoo''! ( And I actually did a happy dance)
After calming down I started swinging my detector hoping for another one. After searching a couple more minutes I got another signal, at first I thought it was a bent up piece of a copper tube, but later when I showed it to ''Larson 1951'', he told me that it was a bangle that was worn on the dance dresses. Larson 1951 did tell me that these copper artifacts are not that common, but they are the highlight of my visit to North Dakota.

Here are these copper items, Hope you like them a much as I did in finding them!

folder 3 001.JPG folder 3 002.JPG

Thanks For Viewing!

Upvote 9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions