Farm finds

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
I didn't see this mentioned yet...

...now, I can't speak for the other states but here in Minnesota farmers collect all the rocks from there field and throw them in a pile off to the side, generally next to the road, so it would not be to far fetched to think If there were one, it MIGHT be in that pile. I talked to a local farmer friend about searching rock piles, and about asking permission...he laughed, "The farmers put them there to get rid of them, nobody's going to bitch if they see you taking any!" hmmm...interisting.

Over the next couple of years I checked most of the rock piles I could find...nada, but every now and again I still stop and check... :-\

neil

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the trick to it is to know what to look for
sometimes the plows beat the fossils/and or indian tools,points to hell :-\
i do the same also ;D
opps edit here never thought to look for space rocks HMMMMMMM :D DOH!!!!

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
It is good to check anyway.I have not yet checked a pile of rocks..and there are a lot around here!!...I still like to check the Field because most of the rocks I find are smaller then what they throw on to the rock piles.I have found really pretty rocks and ones that look like they have pyrite in them,green and red rocks.There are a lot of magnetic rocks,most being magnetite and hematite,but there are also rocks that don't make a streak mark and are magnetic..These I will always pick up to check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread