Father Daughter Hunt Nets Silver # 15 FTY And A Slithering Surprise

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone. Well the first surprise was that my 8 year old Actually wanted to come detecting with me. Started out at a baseball field in the park near my spring/fall wooded spot. Just some clad at the field then moved to the woods. A few minutes in my daugher says "Dad there is a SNEK!" I was in the middle of digging a tobacco tin at that time with half my headphones on. "Dad come look there is a SNEK!" Since I'm 31 and have only ever seen ONE snake in the wild IN MY LIFE this was a welcome suprise. Immediately she wanted to pick it up and I had to make sure it was safe. Lol just a lil guarder snake minding its business.

20201028_153548.jpg

20201028_153532~2.jpg

That was a fun little distraction along with a geo cashe that we found along the way. Unfortunately we didnt have anything worth while to put in the cashe. We continued along a path and I found a 1930 wheat. I let her lead the way through the woods towards the river. She took me down a way I've never walked before and stumbled on a 25-28 signal. At this point she was 100 feet ahead of me.. go figure. A few inches down pops out a mercury dime. This was the icing on the cake today. It's worn but a 1920 S and my oldest and first "S" mint mark silver.

20201028_160526.jpg

All in all it was a great few hours with my little girl today in the beautiful fall weather. Hopefuly the beginning of many more wonderful adventures in the woods together. Good luck out there, stay safe and enjoy the little things life has to offer.

-TMD-

Upvote 21

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your daughter is a brave girl, most I know would be running the other way and she helped you find goodies, I think she is your good luck charm.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your daughter is a brave girl, most I know would be running the other way and she helped you find goodies, I think she is your good luck charm.

Thanks BOTB. I was more shocked that there was actually a snake lol. She wanted to take it home with us:laughing7: Shes good luck indeed. She was there when I found my First Merc not 5 feet from a playground we were at when she was 4 years old. Hopefully she'll come on more trips and bring the silver linings with her :icon_thumleft:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw come, on dad. You should have let her take the snake home. Garter snakes make good pets. Feed them earth worms and flies. My kids always had pet snakes.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds like a nice adventure you and your daughter had. Congratulations on the silver. :hello2:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post good to spend time with the Family looks like Shes having alot of fun cool finds too.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw come, on dad. You should have let her take the snake home. Garter snakes make good pets. Feed them earth worms and flies. My kids always had pet snakes.

Never had one as a pet before. Had a slamader for about 8 years. Momma wouldn't have let it in the house thats for sure lol

Nice job on the silver, and spending time with your daughter.

That sounds like a nice adventure you and your daughter had. Congratulations on the silver. :hello2:

Great post good to spend time with the Family looks like Shes having alot of fun cool finds too.

Thanks everyone. Definately glad we finally got to go out together. Ended my 2 month silver slump too. Wouldn't have found it if she didn't lead the way :icon_thumright:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a fantastic story and Congrats for having your brave little girl with you- Priceless!!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
You're a lucky man, enjoy! Thanks for sharing and good luck next time out!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting