Father-in-law Hooks me up!

Silburned

Aug 31, 2011
SW WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like many others we were visiting family this Easter. I have had mentioned my coin hobby to my father in law a couple of times and he told me that he has a bag of, "interesting finds from my pocket change. Next time you are around I'll let you have it." Needless to say I was excited for this trip. He hands over a quart size ziplock bag and the first thing I see are 6 Morgans staring at me. :headbang: The Morgan's are from his Grandmother, not from his change, and he is passing them down to my daughter. So my daughter has coins passed down from her Great Great Grandmother! The bag had some cool keepers. Less talking, more pics:

IMG_4914.jpg IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg IMG_4917.jpg

Total:

2 x War Nickels '42P, '43S
25 x pre '60 nickels
3 x Silver Dimes '47, '51S, '64
64 x Common Wheats, 2 x Older wheats '19, '27
1 x Steal Wheat '43S
1 x Indian Cent 1895

Morgans:
1880 O
'82
'87 O
'04 O
'21

I'll be putting the Morgan's in something a little cooler then those flips for my daughter.

I'm really excited about the IH, it's my first. I'll be checking the common wheats for any errors, I didn't see anything initially.

Also, not pictured. I had my first CoinStar score a 1942D Washington Quarter!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice snag! My family didn't give me much silver, however, I got about 3/4 oz. silver still (grandpa lives in Poland). They had no silver in coins since the 30s (Ag was only in commems later).

Thanks!

I went through the common wheats, nothing special but did fill some holes in my book as did a few of the pre 60 nickels. Sadly no 50s in that bunch. My wife has claimed the stealie saying it's hers because it is her favorite from the bag. You know the saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Life."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back