What's new

Fatty IHP ?

Ed_DE

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
731
Reaction score
3,711
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two IHP's today. One is a 1902. The other is pretty toasted. I can tell it's a IHP but I can't get a date. I noticed it's thicker than all my other IHP's I have.It has the same thickness a flying eagles penny I found.
I also found two horse shoes & a horse Bridal rosette.
IMG_0046.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0038.webp
    IMG_0038.webp
    4.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0055.webp
    IMG_0055.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0045.webp
    IMG_0045.webp
    226.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Upvote 19
Outstanding Performance Ed…
Thanks for sharing
 
Thanks billb
 
I order a digital coin scale last night. When I get the scale I'll weigh the IHP. A fatty cent weigh is 4.67 grams. While a regular IHP weigh is 3.11 grams.
Fatty IHP where produced between 1860 to 1864.
 
I order a digital coin scale last night. When I get the scale I'll weigh the IHP. A fatty cent weigh is 4.67 grams. While a regular IHP weigh is 3.11 grams.
Fatty IHP where produced between 1860 to 1864.
Great research Thank you for sharing…
 
I found two IHP's today. One is a 1902. The other is pretty toasted. I can tell it's a IHP but I can't get a date. I noticed it's thicker than all my other IHP's I have.It has the same thickness a flying eagles penny I found.
I also found two horse shoes & a horse Bridal rosette.View attachment 2235819
Two very nice finds. I love the patina on the 1902 IHP. In my experience, "fatty" IHP's tend to have a lower VDI due to their composition. side from the coins weight/ thickness, that is another way to gauge if your coin is a Fatty.
 
Two very nice finds. I love the patina on the 1902 IHP. In my experience, "fatty" IHP's tend to have a lower VDI due to their composition. side from the coins weight/ thickness, that is another way to gauge if your coin is a Fatty.
Thanks Silvermonkey,
Just gave it swing on my Deus 2 and the VDI is reading 77.
On a regular IHP it reads 85.
 
Very nice finds !

It's possible you might be able to read the date on the Indian by using Andre Pencils.
 
I found two IHP's today. One is a 1902. The other is pretty toasted. I can tell it's a IHP but I can't get a date. I noticed it's thicker than all my other IHP's I have.It has the same thickness a flying eagles penny I found.
I also found two horse shoes & a horse Bridal rosette.View attachment 2235819
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom