New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Favorite park again, SLQ's. Indians, Barber and more

Hit my favorite park yet again and came away with some goodies. I figured it might be a good day when my very first digable signal was an Indian. Worked an area we had hit before and pulled the Barber dime and 4 Indians. Decided to try some new spots without much success and wandered back to another area we had hit before. First signal was a nice 1923 Standing Liberty Quarter. Ended up pulling a couple of roosies, a couple of more Indians, musket ball and Navy button. One of the Indians was a better date, 1876 Stopped at another area on the way home that we've pounded, but managed to pull another SLQ. This one was really worn. I'll mark this one down as a good day in my book.

20160514_122145-1.jpg 20160514_075510-1.jpg

20160515_065809 crop.jpg 20160515_065819 crop.jpg

20160515_065830 crop.jpg. 20160515_065841 crop.jpg

20160515_065754 crop.jpg. 20160515_065855 crop.jpg

20160514_201544-1 resize.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16
Awesome hunt ! A SLQ with a date is a rarity itself :occasion14:

Awesome hunt ! A SLQ with a date is a rarity itself :occasion14:

Thanks. I know what you mean about the SLQ's with a date. I've probably found more Barber quarters than SLQ's and most of them don't have a date, especially the early ones before they recessed the date.

As always - Nice work!!!

Was off to your neck of the woods for business last week - cam in from CT on 84 - as I passed exit 19 - Brewster - thought to myself - somewhere off this exit there is a guy killing it on a regular basis!!

WOW, you never cease to amaze. You got more SLQs in one hunt, than I have gotten in two years. Congrats.

That's a great day in my book! Congrats!

Very nice saves!!! Heck; 2 SLQ's is what we might see in 5 years!!!!!!:notworthy:

Excellent raised date SLQ. You're on some dirt with some age Don. Keep them coming!

As always - Nice work!!!

Was off to your neck of the woods for business last week - cam in from CT on 84 - as I passed exit 19 - Brewster - thought to myself - somewhere off this exit there is a guy killing it on a regular basis!!

I've found more than a dozen large cents and colonials within sight of 84. Some nice old spots around.

Congrats on some nice finds! 4 IHC's I'll take anyday.:occasion14:

Actually it was 6 IHC's. I found 4 in the first spot and then found 2 more in a different spot in the same park. Pulled over 100 out of the park so far this year. Actually I think it was my worst day for Indians in the park so far this year. Best day was 17. Needless to say, I love this park. Never know what's going to come up. In the last year in addition to all the Indians I pulled a seated half dime, 4 seated dimes, a 3 cent silver, 3 - 2 cent pieces and a gold coin.

Great finds. That SLQ looks good

"A good day in my book", you say? Can't argue that! Congrats on some great finds!

Wow! That 1923 SLQ is EPIC... never found a dated one before! I love it! The 1911 Barber is also gorgeous... very well done, an amazing hunt. Congrats!

Way To Go Don,,
It's amazing how that park just keeps on giving.
Congrats on some really sweet finds. The SLQ is stunning.

Those are some great looking coins, congrats.

Wow! That 1923 SLQ is EPIC... never found a dated one before! I love it! The 1911 Barber is also gorgeous... very well done, an amazing hunt. Congrats!

Thanks Jersey. We seem to be finding similar things with one exception. I found my 5th seated dime so far this year today. Came from a park I first hunted 35 years ago. Posting shortly.

Excellent park hunt Don. Some great finds there. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back