WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

After Woodstock, many places had their own version and in 1973 we played at one such location and this was our song we lead off with. I even remember being on stage and watched someone set of smokebombs in the portable outhouses. Fun times :laughing7:

I always wanted to be a singer. I am a little envious of the people that had the experience! :laughing9: I can't carry a tune in a bucket! I took organ lessons as a kid, but I didn't stick with it and can't remember anything. The closest I got was singing in church and even my Pastor said, "I don't get it. Sometimes you are spot on. Other times I need ear plugs." LOL!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a kid of the '50s. My earliest recollection of music was of two songs: Cool Water--and Ghost Riders in the Sky.

Though I lived in New York at the time, I liked the old western songs-just as I like Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger, etc.
Don.........

Don, you have been from one end of this country to the other! I was pretty much raised on the old westerns, too. My dad is a huge cowboy and western fan!

One of my favorites:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wrightdigger,
Do you or your dad remembers this western oldie; one of my favorites.
Johnny Cash and others covered this song, but T. Texas Tyler (this version) was the first.

Don....

PS: I went to school in SW Ohio; in Oxford.
PPS: I have no idea why a double image of the prompt appears above.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrightdigger,
Johnny Cash and others covered this song, but T. Texas Tyler (this version) was the first.

Don....

I remember that one.
I also remember our conversation about the change in your school's mascot. We drove through that town this spring/early summer. Very neat and tidy. In the countryside around it, I just couldn't help but let my imagination run with what it may have looked like back in the day of the NA's.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a kid of the '50s. My earliest recollection of music was of two songs: Cool Water--and Ghost Riders in the Sky.

Though I lived in New York at the time, I liked the old western songs-just as I like Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger, etc.
Don.........

=======
Excellent taste Don :notworthy: I was born early 50's so I grew up roughly same time as you, but............. some will say I have NOT yet grown up which is fine for me. I feel, work, and play a lot younger than I am and only when I look in a mirror do I feel my age, so
I try to avoid mirrors :laughing7: As long as I have my memory, I will stay young.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Geesh, Simon! Rub it in, why don't ya?!?! :laughing9:
=========
That had NEVER crossed my mind when I posted it, but after you pointing it out............that is funny WD, glad you still have your sense of humor :icon_thumleft:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrightdigger,

Don....

=======
I completely forgot about this song. I was very little when I heard it and it was very moving. I believe the first time I heard it was around Christmas. My parents played it during the holiday season. I am pretty sure I still have that record somewhere downstairs. Thanks for posting it as it brings back FOND memories of my childhood with my parents. :notworthy:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The year was 1976 :) Pour a wine,light the candles
>>

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The year was 1976 :) Pour a wine,light the candles
>>

Well, I had to imagine the wine and candles as I sat in the parking lot. :sadsmiley: it did prepare my mind to deal with the crowd in Wally World. :tongue3:
Cool song, RTR. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread