Favorite Twilight Zone episodes?

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'just thought that I'd list My three favorites ( There's about a hundred others competing for slot #2 lol) and was wondering what
everyone else's picks were (?).

"The lonely" (This one killed me as a youngster because it pretty much fed every 10yr old [BOYS] idea of "Heaven" lol)
[video=vimeo;39915952]http://vimeo.com/39915952[/video]

"The hunt"

"Two". 'Liz Montgomery as a "20 something" brunette (What's NOT to like?! lol!) AND, Charlie Bronson....very cool :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm only 44, but I remember watching the re-runs with my dad when I was 10 or 11. Who can forget Rod Serling's commentaries.

Anyway, a couple that sticks with me is one where a book lover never found the time to read his books. There was a world war or something, everyone disappeared, and he finally had time to read his books...then his glasses broke. Cruel.

Another is the airline passenger who could see the monster outside on the wing of the plane. I think this was re-made in a later Twilight Zone series in the 80's or so, but I prefer the B&W episodes I watched with my dad better.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
(1) The old lady who is attacked by small spacemen and battles them until she wins. Of course she was a giant alien and the spacemen were us.
(2) The martian and the busload of people. At the end the diner dude was from Venus.
(3) The astronauts walking through the middle of nowhere on some planet which turns out to be USA desert...

bodhisattva

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely love Twilight Zone! I own the entire original series on DVD. I don't know the name of all the episodes but I will try to explain the episodes. In no particular order.

There is an episode where criminals are put asteroids alone and left there. The criminal is brought a robotic woman to keep him company. Great episode!

An astronaut crashes onto a planet and a nuclear war breaks out while he is there and he is unable to return home. He meets a woman on this planet; his name is Adam, her name is Eve. Great episode! --- This is very similar to not such a great episode of aliens escaping their home planet because a nuclear war is getting ready to break out. When they are in space you finally find out what planet they are heading for.

Five different people wake up in a box. None of them know how they got there or who the others are. Great episode!

A woman in a cabin is terrorized by tiny aliens only to have a surprise ending (I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone). Great episode!

A librarian is determined that his position is obsolete and is allowed to pick his own death. Great episode!

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
"To Serve Man"

.................... is a Cookbook!!!!!!!!!!!

This. Maybe not my favorite but the most memorial.
I've been a die hard TZ fan since I was a kid and have them all on dvd.

OP
OP
treadhead

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(1) The old lady who is attacked by small spacemen and battles them until she wins. Of course she was a giant alien and the spacemen were us.
(2) The martian and the busload of people. At the end the diner dude was from Venus.
(3) The astronauts walking through the middle of nowhere on some planet which turns out to be USA desert...

Your #2 is called "Will the real Martian please stand up?". I was going to post that in My top three but I couldn't find the YT link that I've been watching for years :censored:
I freakin' love that one. Jack Elam is hilarious in it.

OP
OP
treadhead

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely love Twilight Zone! I own the entire original series on DVD. I don't know the name of all the episodes but I will try to explain the episodes. In no particular order.

There is an episode where criminals are put asteroids alone and left there. The criminal is brought a robotic woman to keep him company. Great episode!

An astronaut crashes onto a planet and a nuclear war breaks out while he is there and he is unable to return home. He meets a woman on this planet; his name is Adam, her name is Eve. Great episode! --- This is very similar to not such a great episode of aliens escaping their home planet because a nuclear war is getting ready to break out. When they are in space you finally find out what planet they are heading for.

Five different people wake up in a box. None of them know how they got there or who the others are. Great episode!

A woman in a cabin is terrorized by tiny aliens only to have a surprise ending (I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone). Great episode!

A librarian is determined that his position is obsolete and is allowed to pick his own death. Great episode!

Those are all great episodes man 8-)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorites was when some lost, U.S. Army soldiers (mid 20th-century), were on training manuevers near the Little Bighorn.
When they reach the top of a hill, they find themselves fighting indians along with General Custer. At the end of the episode, the camera pans
to the original grave stone markers of the 7th Calvery. . . along with the grave stones of the 20th-century soldiers.

This is the best I can recollect. . . I was around 12-years old when I saw this episode. . . I'll be 64 in September :tongue3:

bodhisattva

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"To Serve Man"

.................... is a Cookbook!!!!!!!!!!!

A few years ago when the cartoon Madagascar came out I remember I had to explain this to my girlfriend at the time. This has been spoofed many times.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one where 2 aliens land on the planet and are looking for smartest man,and the one they find,tells tall-tales.
The other one where the aliens set up on the edge of town & make the lights go off & on and the people in the'hood gang up on each other.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That dummy episode scared the heck outta me when I was a kid!

Don't Blink

Apr 17, 2013
Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Time Enough At Last
2. Eye of the Beholder
3. I Sing the Body Electric
4. To Serve Man
5. The Hunt

OP
OP
treadhead

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is talking Tina and you better be nice to me.:laughing7:

LOL! TS played such a good douche' in that one.

Mackaydon....yeah, "Endora" (lol) kicked some serious butt in that one :laughing7:

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Number 12 Looks Just like you is my favorite.

Attachments

• DoxCD9BX0AAEUv9.jpg
    DoxCD9BX0AAEUv9.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 88

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The little kid who got whatever he wanted or else also all the old people who were in an old folks home and got young again I love tons of em

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy stuck on mars with the female robot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread