What's new

Feb.3, 1959 The day the music died.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TreasurdiggrNY
  • Start date Start date
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Guest
February 3rd 1959, on this cold winter's night a small private plane took off from Clear Lake, Iowa bound for Fargo, N.D. It never made its destination.

[youtube=425,350]y5ecvBaqHBk[/youtube]​

[youtube=425,350]e3WDCHF1vDE[/youtube]​

[youtube=425,350]ozr-EItKGu8[/youtube]​

[youtube=425,350]OtlNlTHe-_0[/youtube]​
 
An all time favorite, for sure.


Trivia question: Who was the Big Bopper?? (no fair peeking or googling).



Beth
 
J P Richardson, he was a dj in beaumont tx. along with george jones. (my part of texas)
 
I was stationed at Reese AFB just outside Lubbock in the Air Force in the early 1960s. I visited Buddy's grave and the juke boxes were all loaded with his songs. Many of the songs were only played in Lubbock and I never heard them anywhere else. The 50s and early sixties were the very best of times sans the Vietnam War and I lived it. Monty
 
Monty,

That must have been a special occasion for you - it sure would have been for me.

Beth
 

Attachments

  • The Day The Music Died.webp
    The Day The Music Died.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 150
I attended serveral local concerts in the mid 70's at the same place they played in Clearlake IA just before the crash....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom