Broken knee
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 12, 2009
- Messages
- 1,909
- Reaction score
- 785
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- in your back yard
- Detector(s) used
- excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
ok i keep forgetting to spell checkjohnnyi said:"feiline need's petagree"
Yes, I agree. Felines do need pets.
no to bigallan said:could it be the top of one of those carnival canes ?
3 3/4"w by 2 1/4"h the hole is oval 1/2" by 3/4"allan said:how big is it? what size is the hole?
no, it is some type of ceramic and not fully glazed just the face and back. The home site is not 20th. century.Breezie said:What is it made out of; will a magnet stick to it? Breezie
Broken knee said:no, it is some type of ceramic and not fully glazed just the face and back. The home site is not 20th. century.Breezie said:What is it made out of; will a magnet stick to it? Breezie
I would date this site 1880s or before, the most current bottle to come from it was a emerald green Congress and empire mineral spring water bottle. also lots of crockery and flow blue pottery.Breezie said:I thought maybe south American or Colombian? I have never seen a stylized cat like this one. note the hole is oval not rnd. that Leeds me to believe it wasn't mounted on a stick?Broken knee said:no, it is some type of ceramic and not fully glazed just the face and back. The home site is not 20th. century.Breezie said:What is it made out of; will a magnet stick to it? Breezie
When I first saw it, I thought it was a 1930s-1950s tin Carnival Prize 'on a stick,' much like the later celluloid Kewpie Dolls on a stick or a vintage Halloween stick toy. Since it is ceramic, I'm thinking it is still an 'on the stick' type toy. It has an Asian look to me. Below are a few pics of the tin type Halloween stick toys, which might be the direction you want to search. Breezie
I understand what your saying but being ceramic the hole was necessary so it didn't explode when fired .Breezie said:I forgot to mention in my other post, that it could be the top to a child's Walking Stick. As far as the hole being ovate instead of completely round, I still think the hole in the bottom served as a purpose to hold an item, such as a stick. Many of the stick toys used bamboo, which is basically round, but not exactly. Breezie
got any links for pix?dg39 said:I have an idea your cats linage is either Japanese or from China. (I may be wrong) but I have seen similar characterizations from those countries.
Reminds me of the Alice in Wonderland cat, without the smile.
DG
allan said:here are some that were on antique roadshow, also has a bit of info http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/200502A30.html