Fellow Masons

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Hello Brothers,
I was reading a post the other day about a Masonic coin found, that some others thought it was a coin given when raised. I was wondering since I didn't receive a coin when I was raised, and some others did and didn't. What were you given? I was pined and given a bible. Like the one below. Just curious to see what other lodges and states do differently. Lodge 459 Masontown PA

Attachments

• Masonic Bible Scan 000a.jpg
    Masonic Bible Scan 000a.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 718
Hello Brother, I received a King James Bible and an packet with various information. No cool masonic coins or tokens. Lodge 515, Osceola Mills PA.

Apron and a Bible, no coin.

Indiana, PA..... I am Free.... I love America.... I am a free-thinker.... Believe in God.... but not a Free Mason...

never even met one....

Nice to meet the member who are....

Big history buff, and have read about the fraternity...

Viddy said:
Indiana, PA..... I am Free.... I love America.... I am a free-thinker.... Believe in God.... but not a Free Mason...

never even met one....

Nice to meet the member who are....

Big history buff, and have read about the fraternity...

I would bet money you have met one, and work with a few if your not self employeed

I will bet my life that unless you have been living in a cave and never seen another man, that you have probably met and know a few.

Greetings Brother, I am a 40 + year mason and if you will check that thread I explained what that penny was. No, you would not have received anything more than what you received, of course this can be different in different areas.
The penny that you asked about was from the Royal Arch Masons or sometimes called "the chapter" again depending on the area. This is a branch of further study of Masonry called the York Rite. The other brach is called the Scottish Rite. I do belong to the York Rite, to become a York Rite Mason you have to belong to two other organizations, the Council and the Commandary. Again this can vary from area to area.

The coin in question does indicate that it was from a Royal Arch Mason group.

Now, I am not saying that some lodges may indeed give out a penny at the time of the third degree or some other token. There some differences for different areas.

Hello again---lol Ran out room before. It is really interesting to talk to masons from other areas to see what differences exist. Oh, I belong to River Falls Lodge 109 in River Falls, Wis. I cannot believe all the TV programs on masonry some are good and some go way to far. If you have any more questions send me a PM and I will try to answer them---I am a long way from knowing it "all". Thanks, Don

Cable said:
Hello again---lol Ran out room before. It is really interesting to talk to masons from other areas to see what differences exist. Oh, I belong to River Falls Lodge 109 in River Falls, Wis. I cannot believe all the TV programs on masonry some are good and some go way to far. If you have any more questions send me a PM and I will try to answer them---I am a long way from knowing it "all". Thanks, Don

I know the coin/token was not a mason item but a branch but some of the replies people posted what they did or didn't receive I just thought I would ask what they got I like the penny idea so much I will suggest it next stated meeting

Here in Kingman AZ (Rough Ashlar #79) you will receive a Bible signed by all Masons present at your Raising provided you pay for it. There are other things given as has already been mentioned. Sometimes other members (like your sponsor) will gift you with other Masonic gifts. Lapel pins, miniature working tools etc. . There is a "Made A Mason" coin that might interest you. They can be purchased through most Lodges and are engraved with the three dates and state the name of your Lodge.

Ppratt and Buzzgator....

yeah... I am sure you are right. It's not like people advertise it...LOL.

From what I have read and heard, I have a lot of respect for the organization and it's history...

Hey guys , i think i am the one your talking about i posted a find of mason coin still have not tracked it down as to where it came from but its really cool i need to get it cleaned maybe there will be more info to lead where and why.I talked to one guy thats a mason in the local chapter he said he didnt have any idea but wanted to buy it sight unseen and another guy who wasnt a mason but thought it was cool offered me 20 bucks. but i didnt sell 1st i want to do more research and second i feel if i do sell its must go to a mason i am not a mason but know several

I received a white apron, pin, bible and trowel with date I was raised etched into it. Elmore Lodge #30, Mountain Home, Id...Currently at Portsmouth #100, Portsmouth, VA.

Hello Brothers. I received my apron when I was raised. A friend purchased the bible for me as a gift. The lodge I was raised in is no longer in existence and have transferred to a new lodge. I just received my 25 year pin. Best regards to all. Paul :) pm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back