What's new

ferrous ear ring stud

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2012
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
511
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently recovered an ear ring stud with a yellow stone , most likely glass or CZ, in a ferrous housing iron housing and stud. I know that it is unlikely, but Is there any chance that you could find a diamond is a ferrous mounting?
 
Upvote 0
Would you put a Diamond in a steel cage ( ear ring setting ) ??
 
Not unless I was smuggling diamonds Ron!

I am trying to determine, the probability of missing a valuable object , other than a relic, by hunting in the discriminate mode on an Excalibur and digging only non ferrous metals.
 
If your excel is working wright you should only pick up non ferrous. The excel auto. null out iron.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom