What's new

Few More Dig Artifacts

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still digging. I am going to take the plow to the bottom below this plateau, which has never been plowed. As soon as it dries out. Which could be July the way its been raining. I tried to plow it a few weeks ago and the tractor tires started spinning. Thanks for viewing.
 

Attachments

  • 003 (1024x768).webp
    003 (1024x768).webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 002 (1024x768).webp
    002 (1024x768).webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 014 (1024x768).webp
    014 (1024x768).webp
    69 KB · Views: 121
  • 005 (1024x768).webp
    005 (1024x768).webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 002 (1024x768).webp
    002 (1024x768).webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Neat finds! Love whatever it is in the 2nd pic. I found a bone too!
 
Nice finds there. Is that a burin?

-Ammo
 
I have no idea on that point type. I have found another whole, and a few brokes whatever they type.
 
Catherine - nice finds. I apologize if I'm confusing threads here, but I thought you were digging a Mississippian site? Did you pull that whole point from the same horizon as the rest? Great stuff. Keep the dirt moving.
 
My site produces mostly Hopewell/Ft. Ancient which is basically Mississippian/Woodaland. However I have found a few Archaic pieces as I believe the base is ground on that point.
 
Nice finds. Hope you continue to find a lot more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom