What's new

Few recent short hunts yield 1794 liberty cap LC, crotal bell and more

Coilcrazy2

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
276
Reaction score
744
Golden Thread
3
Location
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Hey everyone,
Due to my busy schedule I've only been able to get out for about an hour every couple of days but In my last 2 hunts I managed to pull a 1794 liberty cap large cent, a toasted flying eagle, a mini crotal bell and some buttons and other odds and ends.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    580.6 KB · Views: 238
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    380 KB · Views: 209
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    420.2 KB · Views: 171
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    295.2 KB · Views: 168
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    330.2 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 34
That is efficient detecting ! Congrats on that Liberty Cap...... always a great find...especially in decent shape like yours is.
 
Nice one there! I have dug a lot of Draped Bust large cents, but never a Liberty Cap.
 
That's a mighty fine looking liberty cap. Love the patina on it
 
Awesome digs. You pulled three of my bucket listers in those hunts. the crotal bell, FE, and the Capped Bust LC. Kudos to you. :occasion14:
 
Great find! I've found a liberty cap half cent, but never a liberty cap LC. Color me jealous. Way to go!
 
Nice Liberty Cap!!!
 
Great find! I've found a liberty cap half cent, but never a liberty cap LC. Color me jealous. Way to go!
Yea this is a first for me! I have found 3 liberty cap half cents but had never found a LC one.
Thanks!
 
Awesome find !!! :occasion14:
 
must admit I am a little envious myself.heck of a find.
 
Now that is a great hunt! I have found small bells before, but not the petal type. Congrats on your beautiful LC.
 
Way to go dude! Great hunt. I've never seen a crotal bell that small ... awesome finds.
 
Nice finds...but that liberty cap is an amazing find..Congrats
 
Congrats on the finds that is a nice lettered edge LC
 
Thats a great find. Have you tried cleaning the top were the word liberty would be? Looks like it might clean up better. So you could find out what one you have there.. Congrats on a great coin.
George
 
Sweet little bell!!!!!!! Nice save on the largie!!!!:icon_thumright:
 
Thats a great find. Have you tried cleaning the top were the word liberty would be? Looks like it might clean up better. So you could find out what one you have there.. Congrats on a great coin.
George
Thanks George,
I haven't done too much cleaning on it at all but youre right, there is some crusty dirt that could still come off. I know I would lose all of the detail if I ran it under water so I think maybe i'll take a toothpick to it and see if that helps in finding what variety it is.
Ben
 
You know the right spots! Fantastic!
 
Hello Tom nice digs. I found my first Liberty cap this week too 1794 also. Hh gl
 
Very cool finds, good work, congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom