What's new

Field hunt

arrow86

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
3,377
Reaction score
4,083
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When with my new hunting partner back to a field I got permission to hunt a few weeks ago and found a few decent points.
Favorite for the day is this bifurcated point .... I don’t find many bifurcated so always a nice surprise.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095054.233023.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095096.555791.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095116.051904.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095126.365045.webp
Also found a few quartz points
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095159.170215.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095173.772753.webp
Nice quartz knife and neat looking crystal quartz scraper has some nice work on it
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095227.071351.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095244.859557.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095261.591754.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095276.339247.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095292.555834.webp
Edit: forgot to add this possible drilled shell I know fossils can do this too but being out in the field nowhere close to water I think it’s drilled
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558096946.509546.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558096955.834424.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558096966.657489.webp

Pic of my good luck charm telling me “nope not a keeper “
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095440.420398.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558095601.597422.webp
I didn’t stay out too long field was a muddy mess so that combined with carrying daughter on my back was pretty exhausting but we had a good time.
Thanks for looking
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great stuff! Great memories!
 
Awesome! That bifurcated point is a beauty. Looks like chert?
 
Awesome! That bifurcated point is a beauty. Looks like chert?

Thanks , I am pretty sure it is made from chert as far as the type the closest I could find is Kanawha stemmed which if that’s the case it would be early archaic
 
That's Cool! :icon_thumleft: Nice Finds!
 
I did the same with my young'uns. Time sure gets on by. They're both in their 20s now and it seems like I was toting them around yesterday.
 
Nice points!! Have you identified the bifurcated point?
Do you think SAVANNAH RIVER?
 
I thought it had (used up) Savannah River features, though I can see it as a Stanley or Kanawha variety too, with those broad tapered prominent shoulders.

So, I defer to your knowledge of your region.

That’s an Early Archaic Type.

Nice Find!
 
Last edited:
The holed one looks almost like a fossilized oyster or clam shell?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom