What's new

Field of Miracles

Wow :o
Where in Europe are you? I'm wondering which war these are from.
I cant help but wonder what you were thinking and feeling when you saw these things...whether or not you had relatives in this war...hoping you didnt come across any bones. :(

Thanks for sharing the photos. They really make me realize that I know nothing about the terrible costs of war.
 
Digz, KORSU has made many awesome posts here about all the militaria stuff he finds. His English is so-so but he does his best. It's much better than my Finnish.. :P

If I am not mistaken I believe he metal detects somewhere around the Karelian Isthmus. Google it. The area saw a lot of action between the Fins and the Russians. Germans were also in the area at some point of WW2.

KORSU has a lot of great photo's and stories of his discoveries. You can check out a lot of his stuff here:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,297.0.html

And yes, he has found bones. Lots.
 
That's amazing.
I took your advice & googled it...found a lot of info & photos.

I'll go to the link you provided, altho I have not done so yet ~ thanks!

Wonder what he does when he finds bones - just rebury them? Turn them in to some authority for ID purposes? I guess if it were me I'd probably rebury them with reverence and a prayer, but I don't know really. Hard to say.
If bones were found around where I live I'd have to call the authorities, but this is not a battlefield so perhaps that makes a big difference.

I appreciate the reply & information, CT.
 
Hey no problem Digz, I live to serve. Ask my wife...

Take the time when you can and look for any posts from KORSU.... quite awe inspiring and an eye opener.

If I recall correctly I believe he has repatriated some lost souls to their homeland. I know I read that in one of his posts sometime ago.

If anyone can add more or correct me on this... jump in!
 
LOL! Smart man!

I just spent a good while looking at KORSU's posts.
A lot of pics have been removed ??? maybe there were too many human remains for someone's comfort.

Gotta agree, it's a real eye-opener...war is so far beyond my scope of experience and comprehension, I have nothing worthy to add to any of the topics.
I pray my sons and grandsons never experience it.
Actually, I pray nobody's sons or grandsons ever do. Futile prayer, I know, but heartfelt...
 
Wonderful finds !!

have you searched from finnish lapland??
 
jamppa said:
Wonderful finds !!

have you searched from finnish lapland??

summa, taipale. Äuräpää, teikarinsaari, korkeus 65.5,
 
Korsu,I always love your post! Very exciting battle fields you have at your door step. :notworthy:
 
Mannerheim Line - Taipale - Finnish Stalingrad
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom