Field once again. Wife's find

Oldhand

Feb 8, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife couldn't be outdone by me finding the large cent....so she dug this button. We have yet to identify it. I don't know what I am doing as far as cleaning it so I got it to where we could at least see the two crossed cannons and the cannon ball. The back has some writing on it but I am afraid to go any further with it.
At any rate it was a great day outside digging in the dirt. (Penny just in picture for reference)
HH and Thanks for looking.
image1.JPG image2.JPG

Upvote 7

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button, is she liking it?

OP
OP
O

Oldhand

Feb 8, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button, is she liking it?

I introduced her to the hobby this January. I wasn't sure if she would like it or not. She has taken it and run with it. She has consistently found "unique" finds.
Upgraded her from the bounty hunter detector (one I have had in the back of the truck for 3 years as a just in case detector) to a whites treasurePro and she is doing great with it. We used that as a stepping stone to get her used to more settings and modes etc.
Again she surprised me with her ability and eagerness. I plan on getting her an AT pro in a week or so. Best partner I have ever detected with honestly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread