lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi again:hello:

Got out there at high tide and hunted for 2 hrs.

In the first 15 minutes at the high tide line, I retrieved the 20" 925 ITALY silver chain.

This is how it came down:

Sauntering along parallel to the shore line, I heard the solid mid-high tone, and started digging; it was an elusive item and I had to dig about 10 " down before I was able to get what was about a 7" chain which I thought to be a bracelet.

I rechecked the hole, and the same strong mid-tone was still heard...dug some more down to about 14"
Lo and Behold!...there in my scoop was another larger length portion of the chain :headbang:

Total : 20"

After that find, it was just a few pieces of junk( most not included in pics)

I do like the "Blob top" bottle head found in wet sand on the slope: too bad there was not much left to the bottle.

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF3474.JPG

DSCF3478.JPG

DSCF3477.JPG

DSCF3479.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3478.JPG
    DSCF3478.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0
FIGARO! FIEGARO! I love there song and colors! Great job Lorraine! :occasion14:

Great find!

:hello2:WOW WTG Congrates :occasion14:on the silver chain glad you getting out Lorraine miss see you out there....

Hi B63,

Miss seeing you digging, too.. Thought you might be out there up by 10-11....still lots of sand ; hope to see a really low tide there soon.

Lorraine

:hello2:WOW WTG Congrates :occasion14:on the silver chain glad you getting out Lorraine miss see you out there....

Attachments

• Buffa.jpg
    Buffa.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 81
Has the blob top an internal thread?
Awesome chain Lorraine !

Finding chains is the ultimate, gold or silver, especially with no pendant. With no pendant, they are just wire
[no surface area], makes them way harder to find than rings.

:thumbsup:

Nice find, great story, thanks for sharing L ! :occasion14:

No internal thread; I can't find a seam , either.

It appears that the bottle has been tossed around incessantly ; wish it was in better condition and intact; I love finding old bottles.

Dating Your Old Bottles

Has the blob top an internal thread?
Awesome chain Lorraine !

Finding chains is the ultimate, gold or silver, especially with no pendant. With no pendant, they are just wire
[no surface area], makes them way harder to find than rings.

:thumbsup:

Nice necklace Lorraine. I've only found one of those (found in a football field) in the 15 years that I've been hunting. Congrats:thumbsup:

Sometimes the sides of these Figaro chains have a rough side and a smooth side so they be flipped for a different look.

Nice weight on that chain and you sure do a good clean up on your jewelry, Lorraine. GL & HH.

Congratulations on another precious metal find. Keep hoarding that silver as it's value is said to increase.

Did you ever find out about that mark?

Hey Lorraine, I have been looking everywhere for that mark. I have the same stamp on my silver. Did you ever figure out what it was?

IMG_8927.JPG

Congrats on the find but, it seems like it wasn't long ago that someone was lamenting about she couldn't keep up with some of the others. :laughing7:

Oops my bad I now see this is an old thread.

Awesome Chain! Next one will be gold. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back