What's new

Final post for 2014 12 silvers gives me 150 on the yr.

JerV3

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
5,720
Reaction score
2,618
Golden Thread
1
Location
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hello everyone

Doing a cleanup of the past month or so worth of finds. It got slow for me trying to reach 150 but I ended up getting a 47 Rosie on the last hole of the day on 12/30. I was literally 5 feet from pavement and almost to my truck.

Nothing really old or rare but some nice finds showed up here and there. Mostly come from worked over parks. Getting the hang of the etrac pretty good now after about 300 hrs n the field in the past 4 months

Wish I would have bought one sooner. I'm finding coins just really deep with this unit especially in the turf. Hoping to get 200 next season.

With it being a mild winter maybe I'll be able to continue to hunt.


Good luck to all

HH Jer
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20141226_173800.webp
    IMG_20141226_173800.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20150101_191224.webp
    IMG_20150101_191224.webp
    148.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20150101_190713.webp
    IMG_20150101_190713.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20150101_191308.webp
    IMG_20150101_191308.webp
    114.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20150101_191346.webp
    IMG_20150101_191346.webp
    118.4 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 14
You've had a phenomenal year bud. Hope the next is better
 
Congratulations on a spectacular year. I'm wondering if you're the only person who metal detects in your area...LOL
 
Very nice finds. Congrats on a really good year!
 
Nice finds and congrats on the great year. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks guys I wish there are usually 4 or 5 guys hunting the park when I get there. Its not easy finding old coins. I just believe it comes down to exp. I have over 20 yrs. Most guys I bump into have just been doing this for a few seasons and don't know what to listen for yet. A lot of our parks to are hundreds of acres so it's very hard to clean them out.
 
Nice year Jeremy. I might have to start visiting some of the Pittsburgh parks. How many silvers have you accumulated over the years?
 
Great year Jeremy. Not many people make it to 150. Now get out there and get going to 200!!
 
Outstanding season you had...
 
Thanks guys it was hard work and wasn't easy. I think I'll find more next yr now that i learned how deep silver sounds on the etac. Got my settings just about right for my grounds.

Steve its in the thousands been avg 100 to 150 silvers a yr for the past 20 yrs. Saved them all to lol. I don't Like to part with my finds.

Hoping next season I can get two hundred now that I'm using mine labs

HH jer
 
Well Done for 2014! :thumbsup:
 
Jeremy, I would like to ask you how you fared with the etrac so far this year, 2015? How did it compare? I am new to this stuff and have yet to get a silver coin and got a safari to search with this year. I'm sure there are some similarities between the 2 machines and I could use some pointers either told here in the thread, by private message, or in person. I don't check in here but once every week or 2 and there would be time yet in this season for detecting I'm sure. I am getting some clad besides all of the usual junk one must unearth. I even had found poison ivy or, more correctly, it had found me.
 
Last edited:
Jeremy, I would like to ask you how you fared with the etrac so far this year, 2015? How did it compare? I am new to this stuff and have yet to get a silver coin and got a safari to search with this year. I'm sure there are some similarities between the 2 machines and I could use some pointers either told here in the thread, by private message, or in person. I don't check in here but once every week or 2 and there would be time yet in this season for detecting I'm sure. I am getting some clad besides all of the usual junk one must unearth. I even had found poison ivy or, more correctly, it had found me. Niel

I know Jeremy recently went over 100 silvers for the year. And I can tell you the Etracs definitely helped him pull that many along with his experience it's getting super tough to pull silvers from these old Pittsburgh parks. They are out there but have been pounded by everyone over the years
 
Not a huge yr 103 so far. Best way to hunt with these units is with a open screen

Then just use your ears. Takes time and practice. Being in old soil is the big factor. I frequent spots that are old and haven't been disrupted

Maybe we can meet up somewhere. I'm always out

Send me a pm
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom