Finally a great find this year!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to visit some family on sunday and there was a sale next door. So I figured id walk over and see what was up, nothing but crafts and clothes. Ugh story of my summer, so were leaving and my mom sees a table for sale. So as shes talking to the woman about the table she asks if anyone know anything about old spoons. Man my ears perked up, mom says yeah my boy does. So she reaches back under the table and pulls out this, a dusty wall rack containing 9 silver spoons from the 1890's and a few others that I think are silver also, all except the Hawaii one. She said she's looked a few up on ebay and seen they go for around 30 bucks, and that shes tired of them being around and don't really care about them. So I take a look at them and see the sterling and stamps and my heart starts beating a little harder. So I take a shot and just toss out "i'll give ya $10 for them" figuring shed shoot me down and chew me out for being cheap. She thought about it and said yup ill take it. WEnt home and weighed them and just the marked silver is 8 ounces, priced it today just in scrap is 127 and some change. Looked up the spoons individually, just a basic spoon no carving or monograms is about 25 bucks sold prices. The ornate ones are 50 and up. Finally a break, its been pretty rough this summer for us. 100_1586.JPG

Upvote 7
you got a great deal on that buy!

You should be on Pawn Stars!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back