What's new

Finally, an End to the Skunk Streak (50+ keepers from 2 boxes)

usatc

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My last $3,000 had nothing but skunks. I went to another bank after some forum advice (thanks!) and got another $3,000. Oddly enough, four of the boxes produced nothing whatsoever... and then the other two really paid off. These two produced:

1936 - 1
1942 - 2
1943 - 3
1944 - 1
1945 - 1
1963 - 1
1964 - 5
1965 -1969 - 37

From some people with more experience with halves, is it about par to find boxes of nothing and then get one or two that really pay off? I would have thought it would have been nothing or maybe spread out, but it seems odd to find two that are loaded and then boxes with nothing whatsoever.

By the way, I don't sell or get rid of what I find, I don't have time to detect so this satisfy my hunt for treasure! My wife doesn't really understand why I enjoy this but she seemed to appreciate it a little more when I told her what was going on in the world in 1942 (while holding the walker) and the history that coin lived through (I'm 29).

Thanks for reading and good luck with your search!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Finally, an End to the Skunk Streak

Those are some amazing scores!!! :hello2: I have never hit that big and I have opened up 65 boxes so far! I hope I can score like you did sometime soon!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: Finally, an End to the Skunk Streak

I've found that there's really no rhyme or reason to which boxes have how many keepers in them. I can get several skunks in a row and then get several boxes in a row with double digit keepers. I've also had many other instances where I'll pick up multiple boxes at once with some having silver and some being skunks. I think it all comes down to the luck of the draw. The only thing that is for certain for me is that over a 10 month period I've averaged just about 1 90% and 2 40% per box.
 
usatc said:
My last $3,000 had nothing but skunks. I went to another bank after some forum advice (thanks!) and got another $3,000. Oddly enough, four of the boxes produced nothing whatsoever... and then the other two really paid off. These two produced:

1936 - 1
1942 - 2
1943 - 3
1944 - 1
1945 - 1
1963 - 1
1964 - 5
1965 -1969 - 37

From some people with more experience with halves, is it about par to find boxes of nothing and then get one or two that really pay off? I would have thought it would have been nothing or maybe spread out, but it seems odd to find two that are loaded and then boxes with nothing whatsoever.

By the way, I don't sell or get rid of what I find, I don't have time to detect so this satisfy my hunt for treasure! My wife doesn't really understand why I enjoy this but she seemed to appreciate it a little more when I told her what was going on in the world in 1942 (while holding the walker) and the history that coin lived through (I'm 29).

Thanks for reading and good luck with your search!

I don't know how I missed this post. Nice find ! Lots of oldies :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
That's how it happens. Nothing then Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Great score....Your drive kept you going. Wat to go.
rileyboy
 
Your got a good mix of 90%. Congrats!

HSH,
apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom